Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't know what the conditions are as of right now, but I imagine them to worse then G-vegas. I was backpacking up around the fish hatchery last weekend and when we left on Sunday we had 3-4 inches of snow - at that was only noon on Sunday.

·
I HUCK WITH CHUCK
1,319 Posts
I am trying to decide also, if its like it is in G-vegas, I dont know if it will be good by saturday. Im thinking I may go to our trail in greenville and see how that is, and if its good go up there saturday or sunday.

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
We just got back from a hike a few minutes ago. Official Bent Creek Report: Very gooey and slippery in the sun, still frozen and icy in the shade. Don't expect the trails to be in good condition by the weekend. The access roads are pretty yucky too.

:(

Edit: Yeah - what he said.

·
Registered
74 Posts
yeah we are suppsosed to get even more wintry mix on sunday in G-ville to boot. Man this weather sucks. Time to hop on the trainer, i guess.
Peace
John

·
Appalachian Singletrack'n
1,443 Posts
litespeedchick said:
As of today, trails in SC near Ceasar's Head were still heavily iced. I heard Pisgah actually got less than we did. Anybody got a trail conditions report? I'm planning for Saturday.

Thanks
I did a pretty good tour last Saturday and the trails where in great shape for the most part but, then Sunday is rained or snowed.

I see a little snow in the foreground
http://webcam.srs.fs.fed.us/

I doubt anything is worthwhile this weekend, I’m either hiking high in the snow or riding the cyclocross bike on gravel.

·
I love Pisgah
3,406 Posts
Nanna nana naaaaana

Rode some sweet singlewtrack today for a few hours. Thank God. Was about to explode otherwise.

·
Jackbooted Elitist Hipstr
747 Posts
Wet Wet Wet

Its pouring rain in Asheville now, and has been since yesterday. That should melt the snow though I guess. Might get some snow tonight, but it doesn't look like much.

·
Big ring = No chainsuck
446 Posts
Rain!

Its been pouring since yesterday and close to freezing so not much snow has melted.
It is very muddy!

·
I like Squishy Bikes
1,094 Posts
Make peace with your Inner Roadie

:p

After freezing & thawing several times + constant rain last night & today,
what do you think the trails look like :rolleyes: ?

Take a wild guess.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts