Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into a case to do ride filming and other projects with, here's what I'm seeing, any input or advise here?? Pull the trigger??

**Gotta figure it'll never be tested to 130', maybe water crossings and occasional rain/drizzle.

re:https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/512101-REG/Canon_1971B001_WP_DC14_Case_for_SD750.html

*It's says for the Canon PowerShot SD750, nothing about Elph, I don't wanna assume here, is it the right one??

Thanks!!
The Obi's.

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not aiming for the watertight part, just the protective part as it's part of a local project's need for a video taken, and I'd prefer to not buy any more pos motion capture crap, since the uploaded vid from that one was pure crap.

I'm not planning on:

This is the shot sample from the elph, much better, so I just want to not damage anything. It even caught "Wingy" the attack Starling (bird) defending her young from the opressing eco-friendly bike commuter. :rolleyes:

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not bad for a first real attempt..

:D Bit short due to only having a 256 card right now, but the two minutes we got weren't that bad, definitely have some to learn though about angle and stabilization techniques. :D

*Going for a 4gb card asap, and changing to 15fps and lowering the frame size should help out, just maybe need a stack of 4gb's to shoot segments and then stitch 'em all together. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
165 Posts
The case is waterproof but bulky. I have one for a Canon 640 that I use diving and it works fine. While I have used it out of the water (rafting, beach,...) it is a little harder to use than the camera by itself. You may wish to look at the heavy plastic bag with a clear lens port for just weather-proofing. Either way, be sure to clean off any water drops on the lens port before taking any pictures

Regards
Rick

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
*Note to self, gotta fix the horizon axis and figure out stabilization.
(That or how to stop helmet from tipping forward...full face??)

I blew my playtime budget giving away ('ala gratis/donation) a well deserving group the frame and wheels I had up for sale, so if anybody want's to throw some digital-photo-stuff/product-help, R&D, review stuff my way, I'll do my very best to represent your help well. *Oh man, what?? Now it's a "Sponsor Me" thread??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.