Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that you were the one to talk to about EBB's. I also heard that you break alot of stuff. I do as well, that is why I am wondering if an EBB on the frame that I am thinking about getting is the correct option for me. I am worried about spinning/breaking it. Please, if anyone else has any input I would appretiate it.

·
Jabberwocky Jockey
809 Posts
I'm not Padre

but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :D

Plus, I have used a EBB for a year now. I've pounded, hammered, and generally thrashed it.
No problems to report. For reference, I am 5'11" and 190-195# (depends on the time of day).

Just grease it liberally upon installation, don't tighten the fixing bolt to tight and yer done.

Have no worries. It'll do you fine.

·
Drinkin' Buddy
155 Posts
I'm also not Padre, but..

I do have a EBB Vulture, and I do weigh over 200# and I have had no problems with it. I follow the mantra of grease liberally and then tighten (but not too hard as Sparty will tell you) every six months or so. I have never had any slipping issues with my EBB.

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
I am Padre...AND I slept at a Ramada Inn a few nights ago...
Ditto what they said...
my pinchbolt EBB has been slip/creak/problem free for going on 2 years...I'll never go a different direction that that....
My wife's Niner has a set-screw EBB... looks pretty good too....

·
Registered
379 Posts
Question

After a period of time (after greasing and re-installing the EBB) I do get some creaking. If I take out the EBB, clean it, grease it and re-install it - the creaking stops for a while. Am I tightening it too much, not enough, not enough grease, etc. or is this normal.
My EBB is a Bushnell.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Padre said:
I am Padre...AND I slept at a Ramada Inn a few nights ago...
Ditto what they said...
my pinchbolt EBB has been slip/creak/problem free for going on 2 years...I'll never go a different direction that that....
My wife's Niner has a set-screw EBB... looks pretty good too....
Pinch Bolt...Is that a Bushnell?

·
Jabberwocky Jockey
809 Posts
mateoway said:
do you mean the inter face between the frame and the ecc unit
edit: WHAT
Yes, and the wedge and expander bolt (if using Bushnell type). Alot of the grease will be displaced by sticking it back into the frame but I try to get as much on it as I can.

For reference, I use good old trailer wheel bearing grease.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.