Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Another festivus MIRACLE!
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to buy a black Nomad and can't decide what color my CK headset and hubs should be.

Would pink work or be gay? Anyone have a photo?

thanks!

·
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OhSchitt said:
well I had black and pink an s-works enduro. I don't have any photos, it looked nice.

I now have white and pink on my nomad, I like it (the wife likes it :)

I have ano black blur with red, and that looks pretty hot.
I thought about red too. Blue would be tight also. Pink would be different for sure.

Hopefully someone has a photo.

·
Mountain Lion Bait
876 Posts
bullit71 said:
I'm going to buy a black Nomad and can't decide what color my CK headset and hubs should be.

Would pink work or be gay? Anyone have a photo?

thanks!
One of my girl homies has a black nonad with a pink headset/brakes/ etc. For her, its pimp. For a dude....uh.....:nono: She's updated the fork to an 08 Fox since this pic was taken. I'm trying to get her to get a set of pimp pink pedals.

G

·
bullit71 said:
Would pink work or be gay?

thanks!
Who cares if anyone here thinks pink would be "gay." If they did tell you it was, that only tells you something about their stereotype thinking-all that matters is if YOU like it or not.

G

·
renderedtoast said:
Do YOU have pink on your bike????
What difference does it make to you if I have pink on my bike or not? If I, or any other male rider, has pink on their bike, does that change your opinion of me or that rider? If so, please explain and be specific and without the vagueness of the "no-no" smilie faces. I'd really like to hear what you have to say.

·
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, pink is a bit much it seems. Thanks for posting that pic!!!

Let's don't be so sensitive here - just looking for some advice.....

·
Registered
581 Posts
Black Dragon said:
What difference does it make to you if I have pink on my bike or not? If I, or any other male rider, has pink on their bike, does that change your opinion of me or that rider? If so, please explain and be specific and without the vagueness of the "no-no" smilie faces. I'd really like to hear what you have to say.
If i rode up on you and seen your flash custom Nomad with all Pink bits all over it, I would definately give you the double take. If i rode by you id ride off with a opinion of you from that small instance i seen you and your pink bits;) No but seriously id be whats with the pink? If i met you id probly ask you "whats with the pink sh!t"? But thats my style and id do it with a smile:) But in this case not too much of a smile.
Anyway its only natural to make opinions, we are bombarded with people judging us all everyday and i bet we all judge back. And pink has been a girl color since as long as ive known, so if you wanna chuck pink on your bike i imagine you'll get judged for it.
Not to say it literally makes ya Gay tho.

·
Mountain Lion Bait
876 Posts
Black Dragon said:
I've been there when people come up to her bike and proclaim, "oww, that is a chick bike!" She wasn't even near the bike on one occasion when it was said. Pink on bikes and Honda cars are for chicks, period. You want to ride with pink on your bike, knock yourself out but don't get butthurt if people give you sh!t for it.

·
I fix choppers
993 Posts
Mps/mpri...

renderedtoast said:
I've been there when people come up to her bike and proclaim, "oww, that is a chick bike!" She wasn't even near the bike on one occasion when it was said. Pink on bikes and Honda cars are for chicks, period. You want to ride with pink on your bike, knock yourself out but don't get butthurt if people give you sh!t for it.
Most people suck/most people are idiots. Simple rule that will define the commentary (and most problems in this world) regarding placing pink bits on yr bike. If you can accept that and you like the esthetics then rock it. Many pro riders including Darren Barrecloth have rocked pink bikes; they possess the skills to minimize stupid hassling from peanut galley homophobes (who themselves are likely hiding some issues). I have pink valve caps, pink socks, soon pink shoes and a leopard fur airbrushed helmet...so I must be totally gay. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, I am not thin enough to not be considered a "bear" and that's not fashionable enough for me. :devil:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Toolittletime,

You need to post that on the "lets see the BLT2 thread" Great looking bike.

·
Registered
581 Posts
HELLBELLY said:
Most people suck/most people are idiots. Simple rule that will define the commentary (and most problems in this world) regarding placing pink bits on yr bike. If you can accept that and you like the esthetics then rock it. Many pro riders including Darren Barrecloth have rocked pink bikes; they possess the skills to minimize stupid hassling from peanut galley homophobes (who themselves are likely hiding some issues). I have pink valve caps, pink socks, soon pink shoes and a leopard fur airbrushed helmet...so I must be totally gay. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, I am not thin enough to not be considered a "bear" and that's not fashionable enough for me. :devil:
Mate i can see why your backing up this Dude with the pink bits. It'd be a crack up to see you rollin around "Rocking" in all your Pink gear, pft;)
And yeh im a bit of a homophobe, i dont mind the quiet gays that keep it to em selves but cant stand them "look at me im gay and proud types".

·
Registered
315 Posts
hey, if all else fails, the flashy pink will be some eye candy for the ladies to kickstart a conversation. i wouldnt use pink, mostly because i dont believe i have the skillz to warrant some pink bling. if you wanna rock the pink go for it, but just expect a little harassment from others.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.