Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steve or Chris,

Any updates on delivery dates for the sir9's? Production going well etc? Oh, yeah I'm sure I'm an idiot for not knowing or being able to find it, but what are the spec's going to be for BB (want to order a Phil BB & need to know the spindle width)? Same as the One9? Thanks fella's. If you can't deliver it sooner, could I at least get some more porn?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
578 Posts
I feel your pain Bob... I've discovered two ways to stop time... one is to jump on the stationary bike to stay in shape for the winter, and the other is to order a frame that won't come in for a couple o'months or so. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
798 Posts
Soon I think

dumbaSS said:
I feel your pain Bob... I've discovered two ways to stop time... one is to jump on the stationary bike to stay in shape for the winter, and the other is to order a frame that won't come in for a couple o'months or so. :D
I talked with Steve today about our new rims. He said he was in Taiwan last week. Those guys can fill you all in on the actual delivery, but it did sound soon.

jason
 

·
Down South Yooper
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
January

I got a note from Chris @ niner yesterday in reply to an inquiry about this. They are still calling for a January delivery, probably late Jan.

On the BB, the shell is 68mm according to chris, but the spindle length will largely depend on the crankset you're using and to some degree, the rear hub. I'm using an existing drivetrain for this bike, so I've already got this one taken care of.

Also, the seatpost collar for these bikes are reported to be 30.0mm, those are easy to overlook when you're getting your parts list together, but they clarified that they do NOT supply one with the frame.

I can't wait, but there's no riding going on right now anyway, so i guess I can.

BTW, I ordered the interbike special, Kermit Green. What did everybody else decide?

Plum
 

·
Jacob 34:19
Joined
·
511 Posts
Kermit Green here

Anybody besides me and Bob in Texas?

BTW - You guys building yours as SS or geared? Rigid or HT? I ride a rigid SS 90% of the time but I just can't decide how I want to build my Sir9. I've ordered both the Niner fork and a Reba; that's easy enough to swap. I really need to decide on the drivetrain so I can figure out which wheels and cranks to order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,201 Posts
Delivery.........

Thanks all for your pre-orders!
We are scheduled to deliver s.i.r. 9 frames in late Jan. Our new rigid fork will be in as well. We are working on updating our website. Keep an eye out for some new products! (We have been listening to you).

Chris
Niner Bikes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sweet

Thanks for all the replies.

Niner guys, thanks for the update and the porn.

Plum, JaketheDog

Here's my spec sheet:

Med. Kermit, Rigid, SS

I went with the full house spec wheels, brakes, rigid fork. Anyone here done the cut down of avid hydro's? I downloaded the .pdf file from their site, and am ordering all the needed bits. Opinions?

for the rest of it:

White Bro's ENO crank 175mm (32 tooth)
bb phil wood stainless/alloy cups spindle length- tbd
stem Thomson
post Thomson
bars Mary's
HS King can't decide between green or black leaning towards black
seat post collar ? Salsa more than likely
Tires Nano's & Exi's from others suggestions, but a cool local shop here has some nice looking Schwables.... Shiggy when are you going to start doing 29 tires?
Chain Sram bmx?
What do you all think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,381 Posts
Fat Bob said:
I went with the full house spec wheels, brakes, rigid fork. Anyone here done the cut down of avid hydro's? I downloaded the .pdf file from their site, and am ordering all the needed bits. Opinions?
I didn't need to cut my lines, but I did bleed my Avids for the educational value.

The way the syringes create a vacuum to pull air out of the lines and caliper is really neat. I found the process to be pretty easy and straightfoward, although the instruction sheet I got mentioned something about a translucent resevoir cover through which one would be able to check for bubbles. No such thing on my brakes, although I did remove my resevoir cover (and introduce a whole bunch of air into the system) just to make sure. Just make sure to follow all the steps in the instructions, and you'll be fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
594 Posts
Fat Bob said:
Steve or Chris,

Any updates on delivery dates for the sir9's? Production going well etc? Oh, yeah I'm sure I'm an idiot for not knowing or being able to find it, but what are the spec's going to be for BB (want to order a Phil BB & need to know the spindle width)? Same as the One9? Thanks fella's. If you can't deliver it sooner, could I at least get some more porn?
If you have not seen the Niner EBB, DO NOT discount it! It's well machined and pretty danged light. Check it out before you dump money in a non-moving part.
 

·
Got Twins?
Joined
·
297 Posts
Godzilla Green here...

I liked the Kermit Green, but it's time to go with a color that was on the stealth side. My 26er was bright, a red & white RM Element.

I'll build it as a SS for the winter, then put gears on it in the spring. the parts package is off my Element. Just trying to figure out a set of geared wheels and disc brakes. I ordered the rigid and Reba forks, too. I plan on racing in endurance races as well as doing some backcountry riding.

Thanks to Chris for keeping us going with the porn. Looking forward to the FS Niner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,994 Posts
- I will be going with Blood Red, Rigid & Reba just for sh*t's n' giggles. :p
 

·
Down South Yooper
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
I'm a medium Kermit, with rigid fork. I'll be running it as a SS, but it's always nice to have the option of gears.

Didn't order the Reba, but might pick one up later in the year...

Plum
 

·
Jacob 34:19
Joined
·
511 Posts
Very similar

Fat Bob said:
Here's my spec sheet:

Med. Kermit, Rigid, SS

I went with the full house spec wheels, brakes, rigid fork. Anyone here done the cut down of avid hydro's? I downloaded the .pdf file from their site, and am ordering all the needed bits. Opinions?

for the rest of it:

White Bro's ENO crank 175mm (32 tooth)
bb phil wood stainless/alloy cups spindle length- tbd
stem Thomson
post Thomson
bars Mary's
HS King can't decide between green or black leaning towards black
seat post collar ? Salsa more than likely
Tires Nano's & Exi's from others suggestions, but a cool local shop here has some nice looking Schwables.... Shiggy when are you going to start doing 29 tires?
Chain Sram bmx?
What do you all think?
I'm looking at a very similar build as of right now, though that will likely change 7 times before January. The initial build will likely be as a rigid SS so I'll "borrow" the cranks, stem, post, HS, bars, and few other bits from my current SS until I decide on a final build. I also found a great deal on a Reba so I purchased it to have as an option. This is what I'm looking at...

"borrowed"...
ENO crank 180mm, 34T
Thomson stem/post
Easton carbon low rise or Seven Ti flat bar
King HS
Time ATAC XS pedals

new...
AC SS wheels to start. (Would like to have Mike C build me some new Salsa/DT240 wheels.)
Endless 20T cog
DKG collar
Nano wires w/ stans
Avid Juicy 7's

-Jake
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top