Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and the crew are coming out to Moab from Denver this weekend (4/15) and we're trying to come up with something new to ride. We typically make the trip once a year for the past 6, and we've done the usual stuff and will be hitting the favorite Porcupine, and with a couple of Moab newbies we'll hit slickrock as well.

What else is there? Other than the list below, what do you recommend?

We've done 'em, in order of preference.
PORCUPINE
Slickrock
Amasa Back w/ Pipeline
Poison Spider/Portal
Soveriegn Loops
Bartlett Wash
Back of Beyond
Moab Rim

I've heard that FlatPass is a poor man's Porcupine? Loved the Portal trail, is Gold Bar Rim to the Protal worth doing? Looking for fun technical singletrack that will push our skills .(and the bikes!).

Thanks, in advance, for any info!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Try Schuman's Gulch in the La Sals there's other trails up there too (Moonlight Meadow I believe). Those rides are in Rider Mel's trail guide. Just something different. I've ridden Moab in October months, so I don't know what the trail conditions would be like now. Get in those mountains, lots of fun there!! Enjoy your trip!! Mmmm....Hoggie Oggies!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No Mtns for us.

Figured there wouldn't be any chance of riding in the La Sals this trip!!

Anyone got any other ride suggestions? Anyone? Anyone? At this point were actually thinking about doing 2 days in Moab and then heading back to Fruita for a ride on the new Holy Cross trail.....

·
More Chasmism
798 Posts
From the guidebooks: Flat Pass, Little Canyon Rims (aka Eagle's Perch), Gold Bar-->Portal, Hunter-->Pritchett

hfly <-- subsequently consults the Moab Underground Map (MUM)... has been keeping MUM for years

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry I missed ya!

hfly said:
From the guidebooks: Flat Pass, Little Canyon Rims (aka Eagle's Perch), Gold Bar-->Portal, Hunter-->Pritchett

hfly <-- subsequently consults the Moab Underground Map (MUM)... has been keeping MUM for years
We left on Thursday so didn't see your post. Definitely looking for the new stuff, and always willing to import good CO Micros for details! Will try to catch you next trip out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.