Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
occasionally good
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, KRob -

Really, really enjoy your writeups and pix - thanks for sharing!

A few months back you mentioned that you have Elko-area family that does some riding in the Pequops area. I have some moto-friends who ride there but would be really interested in getting some ideas from pedal-people. Would you mind putting me in touch with them and letting them know I'd like to pick their brains re: riding out that way? Or pass along a little Pequops info here?

TIA -
SUE KENNEDY
Lamoille

·
Registered
13,119 Posts
Mountaingirl1961 said:
Hey, KRob -

Really, really enjoy your writeups and pix - thanks for sharing!

A few months back you mentioned that you have Elko-area family that does some riding in the Pequops area. I have some moto-friends who ride there but would be really interested in getting some ideas from pedal-people. Would you mind putting me in touch with them and letting them know I'd like to pick their brains re: riding out that way? Or pass along a little Pequops info here?

TIA -
SUE KENNEDY
Lamoille
Hey Sue, If that's your birth year in your handle...... oh never mind, a girl never divulges her age, right?*

I think my sister and family mainly ride quad tracks on their bikes near the outskirts of town,... in fact they've kinda gone over to the dark side and ride mostly quads now :confused: .

I know there are some good trails just off Pequop summit from a race I did there a couple years ago. Check out this link for the directions to the race there this year. http://www.wildrockies.com/mtbxc.html Look under the Border Town Classic in Oasis Nevada. I think there's even a course map posted.

Sorry, I'm not much help.

Do you know "Lamoille" that posts here and on KTMtalk.com? He seems to be pretty knowledgeable about that area and, I would assume, lives in Lamoille.

* If it is, it's a good year. ;)

·
occasionally good
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KRob said:
Hey Sue, If that's your birth year in your handle...... oh never mind, a girl never divulges her age, right?*
It's a great year and it's my birth year (well barely...) I was born in December. Are you a '61 kid too?

KRob said:
I think my sister and family mainly ride quad tracks on their bikes near the outskirts of town,... in fact they've kinda gone over to the dark side and ride mostly quads now :confused: .
Oh, de horror. There are some great quad tracks as well as some great single track right outside of town... found one a couple of nights ago that gave me a nice case of sewing-machine leg. :eek: Of course by the end of the summer I'll try to ride UP the darned thing...

KRob said:
I know there are some good trails just off Pequop summit from a race I did there a couple years ago. Check out this link for the directions to the race there this year. http://www.wildrockies.com/mtbxc.html Look under the Border Town Classic in Oasis Nevada. I think there's even a course map posted.
Cool, I'll look. There's some really great rock climbing in that area too. Now that the weather's nicer I'm thinking of taking a couple of buds and a tent out there to do some climbing and exploration. If I come across something supercool I'll post it! It's a beautiful area full of options, and my moto-friend tells me he does a lot of single track riding on mustang trails in the area.

KRob said:
Do you know "Lamoille" that posts here and on KTMtalk.com? He seems to be pretty knowledgeable about that area and, I would assume, lives in Lamoille.
No, he lives in Beowawe, but we're supposed to go riding tomorrow. We'll see how patient he is with extremely slow old ladies! :)

·
Registered
13,119 Posts
Mountaingirl1961 said:
It's a great year and it's my birth year (well barely...) I was born in December. Are you a '61 kid too?:)
Yep, I'll be 44 in June.

Mountaingirl1961 said:
No, he lives in Beowawe, but we're supposed to go riding tomorrow. We'll see how patient he is with extremely slow old ladies!
Beowawe!!!! Why that's misrepresentation. I'd file a protest but I'm not sure who'd actually care. I'm sure you'll do fine on your ride. He seems like a nice guy from the online discussions I've had with him. Be sure and give us a report. Mark (Velosapiens) and I have been talking about getting up to that area to explore around a bit. Maybe this summer.

·
occasionally good
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KRob said:
Yep, I'll be 44 in June.
Like wine, we get better with age! (or at least better at whining...) ;)

Lamoil(l)e has mentioned being interested in riding with you and Mark, either MTB or moto, although as he's a teacher I think he has grandiose plans of hooking up with the SO this summer and doing non-NV stuff for a while. Probably ought to make plans to pull it off before school's out. He's a nice guy.

Really enjoyable ride last night through some fun terrain. He's beaten a little single track with his moto to make some fun loops. Last night's spin was about 22 miles of dirt road, 2 track, single track, his track, NO track, cow track, dry wash and about 10-feet of pavement, through some really cool lava flows, volcanic plugs and Mormon crickets. Altogether an enjoyable evening, followed by good beer. Can't argue with that! :D

Drove thru the Pequops today on the way to scout out an antelope trap east of Wells... the riding and climbing looks just killer there and I can't wait to give it a go.

SUE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.