Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Joe...or anyone else who might know...
I'm rebuilding my Coiler Dee-Lux and the frame is going for powder coat tomorrow but I'm having problems getting the main pivot bolt (8mm hex) loose. The pivot itself is free but I can't break the bolt loose with a T-handle and I didn't wanna try crankin it with a ratchet without at least asking. Just wondering if it's reverse threaded or if there's something else I'm doing wrong because it's extremely tight. Unless there's some trick to it that I'm unaware of my next step is gonna be some breaking fluid and a 1/2 inch ratchet. Any info is greatly appreciated....thanks!

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
It's been a while, and I don't really remember. I don't want to mislead you. But those pivots do tend to be pretty tight. Torque specs for various frames range from 100 to 150ish in/lbs. Those T-handles probably will not be able to provide enough leverage. Try a 3/8 or a 1/2 inch drive socket. If it's not coming out from one side, try the other. You may need to have a bit on both sides of the pivot to keep it from just spinning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.