Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whats up!

steve-sidsbikes.com said:
Jimmy what's up ? It's Steve. Have you been doing any riding ? I'm still riding and racing MTB and Road. Getting ready for the 06 race season. Ride Forest Park lately?
Hey bro. PM'ed you.
Jimmy

·
Recovering
1,483 Posts
nuberider said:
hey im not an old school rider but me and my cousin ride there once and a while.maybe you can give me a clue to where is a god spot to start
Guys, guys. Riding in Forest Park is illegal, and those of us working on legal trail access in NYC Parks would really appreciate it if you wouldn't discuss such illegal activity online. Please support our legal trail building and access projects in NYC (Manhatttan's Highbridge Park, and Cunningham Park in QNS)...

Jamie
NYCMTB.com

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
?

BobKreyole said:
Do your ridding buddies a favor, edit the post. You can get them in trouble by publicizing this.
Hey bro, Some of us have been riding this park for a very longtime. And yes I have seen some rangers in the park. But I just keep on riding I know the trail alot better then they do.And I respect the horse riders. So keep your "I'm the bike police comments to yourself". Can I offer you a nice hot cup of?

·
Recovering
1,483 Posts
We're all adults here and can make our own moral decisions about our private conduct. But like all illegal things, it's best not to post about them in public on the internet. So please, if you're going to do it, just keep it on PMs...

·
Registered
275 Posts
fdny4783 said:
Hey bro, Some of us have been riding this park for a very longtime. And yes I have seen some rangers in the park. But I just keep on riding I know the trail alot better then they do.And I respect the horse riders. So keep your "I'm the bike police comments to yourself". Can I offer you a nice hot cup of?
Who said anything about being the "Bike Police". Just keep it cool on the web so you don't cause a crack down that may cause problems. Park department has been monitoring this web site many years. If you want to tip them off, go ahead be my guest.

·
Registered
9 Posts
See what happens when people don't mind there own business. The business of old school riders that rode together years ago in Forest Park and nuberider. And like you said Jaime "We're all adults here and can make our own moral decisions about our private conduct", should have thought about that before you muddied the waters. This thread was started by an rider who was reminising about riding buddies from years ago and getting in touch with them.
Hey Bob get a grip I think you've been reading to many spy novels,"Park department has been monitoring this web site many years. If you want to tip them off, go ahead be my guest"(are you for real?what's the secret?). but if you feel left out I'll send you a PM, wouldn't want you to be upset. Later...

·
Registered
275 Posts
See what happens when people don't mind there own business. The business of old school riders that rode together years ago in Forest Park and nuberider. And like you said Jaime "We're all adults here and can make our own moral decisions about our private conduct", should have thought about that before you muddied the waters. This thread was started by an rider who was reminising about riding buddies from years ago and getting in touch with them.
Hey Bob get a grip I think you've been reading to many spy novels,"Park department has been monitoring this web site many years. If you want to tip them off, go ahead be my guest"(are you for real?what's the secret?). but if you feel left out I'll send you a PM, wouldn't want you to be upset. Later...
If you put it out in public it becomes public business. Since you are new to the site, you should do research on this issue. Don't take my word for it.

·
Bum Buzzer
1,992 Posts
jbogner said:
We're all adults here and can make our own moral decisions about our private conduct. But like all illegal things, it's best not to post about them in public on the internet. So please, if you're going to do it, just keep it on PMs...
Guys - I am normally a ****-talker, but please understand where this is coming from.

Whether you like it or not, riding in Forrest is illegal; you can exhibit all the righteous indigantion and complain as much as you want, but that alone will get us nowhere. This applies to any riders on any illegal trails anywhere.

jbogner is one of many pushing for LEGAL and sanctioned trail access in NYC so there will be no need to poach your trails; if you insist on riding illegeal trail systems - remember "Real bad boys move in silence" - so dont post about it in public forums, drawing negative attention and undermining the pursuit of legitimate trails.

No one can stop you from doing it, but we can ask you to be considerate and not 'blow up the spot'.

Please.

·
Bum Buzzer
1,992 Posts
Yes, actvisist and goverment agaencies DO monitor these threads and forums. They are public and it is entirely legal for them to do so.

There are individuals who take it upon themselves to destroy and boobytrap bike trails, there are less zealous individuals who simply watch is and 'rat us out' at this first opportunity. If an activist were pusihing for bikes to be banned from X place/trail system, they are certainly going to collect as much evidence and information as they can to support their arguments. Making public declarations about illegal trail use is not going to help OUR cause.

ALOT OF PEOPLE WANT US GONE. They are more organized and overtly zealous about their cause than we seem to be, so lets not give them a boost.

·
Registered
9 Posts
BobKreyole said:
If you put it out in public it becomes public business. Since you are new to the site, you should do research on this issue. Don't take my word for it.
Tell me something I don't know. And Detective Bob don't let the the new user id fool you. You know what assuming can do. Hey Jaime having fun yet? I'll see you later and have a good laugh. Jimmy see what happens when you inquire about old friends you end up making new one's. :confused: I'll call you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.