Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about hitting up one of the usual spots in MD with a couple of non-MTBR posting SS friends. I was wondering of Drevil or any of the other DC folks want to do a group ride at Avalon or Gambrill etc.

·
Fixed and single.
336 Posts
Hey I may be down. What time are you planning? Where? Potapsco may be a mess. I rode there Thursday and Soapstone from rolling road was pretty bad everything else seemed ok for the most part. But we did get hit with more rain. Holla back.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It don't matter to me. I figure Avalon is too sloppy right now. I just rode Greenbriar for the first time and that was ok. Maybe Schaeffer? I've never been to Gambrill/Watershed but I hear it's tough for SSers. Anything is fine though.

·
Fixed and single.
336 Posts
Well Gambrill is pretty tough but fun. Very technical. Some of the climbs are tough as well. The first time I rode there was with Drevil and had a blast. Though Shaeffer sounds good but I've only been there once. Not that it matters. Fun and twisty, but is it going to be too wet?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It'll probably be wet, but MORE is doing trial work there tomorrow and their website said there would be a ride afterward so from that I assumed it's ok to ride. How does 11 sound?

·
Fixed and single.
336 Posts
AteMrYeats said:
It'll probably be wet, but MORE is doing trial work there tomorrow and their website said there would be a ride afterward so from that I assumed it's ok to ride. How does 11 sound?
Sorry man dont think i'm gonna be able to make it. I'm gonna have to stay local tomm. I have forgotton about a prev. obligation.

·
I am the owl
1,908 Posts
re: Patapsco

On the Balto. Co. side the only trail that is in bad shape is the Soapstone down from the park & ride. I went out Friday and cleared some drainage areas so hopefully that is helping to dry things quicker. On the Howard Co. side you should obviosly avoid the farm loop (Belmont area) but other stuff should be good.

Don't forget, trail work next Sunday at Avalon, Soapstone is the target for repair.

I'll be out at Avalon sometime today soaking up the Sunshine

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
AteMrYeats said:
It don't matter to me. I figure Avalon is too sloppy right now. I just rode Greenbriar for the first time and that was ok. Maybe Schaeffer? I've never been to Gambrill/Watershed but I hear it's tough for SSers. Anything is fine though.
Hey guys, didn't check the board until now. I was thinking about hitting Schaeffer today, but I *have to* leave the parking lot and be on my way by 1 at the latest! So I could hook up for at least a loop and a half. I can be there ready to ride, by 10:30 or 11, but please shoot me an PM or post up here if I should look out for you.

I'll be on the Karate Monkey w/ gray grips and flat bars 'ported in a black Subie Outback.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Drevil said:
Hey guys, didn't check the board until now. I was thinking about hitting Schaeffer today, but I *have to* leave the parking lot and be on my way by 1 at the latest! So I could hook up for at least a loop and a half. I can be there ready to ride, by 10:30 or 11, but please shoot me an PM or post up here if I should look out for you.

I'll be on the Karate Monkey w/ gray grips and flat bars 'ported in a black Subie Outback.
I'll be out around 11 on my tiny orange Ventana and my fiend rides a DISS. See you there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts