Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI: I ordered one from Intense, came today. Installed it. You mentioned it raised BB about 1/2 inch and increased travel 1/2 inch.

My measurements of BB were 12 1/2 inches before install (to center of BB spindle), 14 inches after. Which I don't know that this is a bad thing. Lessen me bashing pedal on rocks, etc.

Also, I measured the rear travel at 123mm. Checked three times. Which is more what I'm looking for.

I'm going to try to sneek in a ride this weekend, (got alot of family coming in town) to see how she rides.

·
Trail Rider
914 Posts
S-Works said:
FYI: I ordered one from Intense, came today. Installed it. You mentioned it raised BB about 1/2 inch and increased travel 1/2 inch.

My measurements of BB were 12 1/2 inches before install (to center of BB spindle), 14 inches after. Which I don't know that this is a bad thing. Lessen me bashing pedal on rocks, etc..
I measured my BB height in the 4 in. slack position long wheelbase setting and I get 13.75 in.(no weight on the bike). I get just over 4 in. of travel with the AVA sleeve on my Fox Float
RL and stock linkage.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Sorry for the delayed resposne..was away on busienss

My BB height went from 13.5" to 14" when I installed the Uzzi link. With the original Tracer linkage I was riding in the long wheelbase, 4" slack position.

Curious....how did you measure travel??

·
Registered
266 Posts
S-Works said:
My measurements of BB were 12 1/2 inches before install (to center of BB spindle), 14 inches after. Which I don't know that this is a bad thing. Lessen me bashing pedal on rocks, etc.
The only potential negative of the higher BB is that the bikes center of gravity is now higher which could affect handling. I don't think it's noticeable with the type of riding I use it for. I think the extra BB clearance and travel is worth any potential loss in the handling department. Make sure you mount the shock in the slack position (bottom hole in the link) that will make a difference in handling and overall feel.

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[]D[][]v[][]D said:
My BB height went from 13.5" to 14" when I installed the Uzzi link. With the original Tracer linkage I was riding in the long wheelbase, 4" slack position.

Curious....how did you measure travel??
I did a trace of the axle path like n10'sguy was suggesting over on the "FSR vs. VPP" thread. I had done some with my original link, and was consistently getting 100mm of travel. Also did some with my FSR with a 130mm link, and was getting 130mm with that.

When I got the Uzzi link installed, I did the same thing. I did it six times, and got 128mm 4 out of the six times, had 130 once , and 129 once.

I've got one ride on it, and it sure feels like my FSR with 130, just stiffer laterally, and a bit smoother through the travel. But it climbs like it has three inches of travel. I'm using a Pushed AVA Float R. I'm running around 30% sag.

Here's a pic of the axle path with the Uzzi link.

Attachments

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
intensemtb said:
I called Intense b4 I posted and they asked if I need a 1 piece or 2 piece link....???
The one piece link is from the older Uzzi's (came with a vanilla RC shock). The newer ones that came with a 5th coil came with a 2 piece. The 1 piece is stiffer that the 2 piece (i.e. less flex) but more expensive.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Details please!

I would like to order the link as well. Is there a particular part number on the invoice I should reference? Also is there a particular contact to speak with? Finally, how much $$$ was it?

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
Molasses said:
I would like to order the link as well. Is there a particular part number on the invoice I should reference? Also is there a particular contact to speak with? Finally, how much $$$ was it?
Intense may be low on the old links. if they don't have it, give Tani at The Path Bike Shop a call at (714) 669-0784

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
Molasses said:
They offered me an M1 Link for the tune of $200! Too steep for me!
Did you call The Path? I know they have a two piece in stock.

I have an M1 link I'm willing to sell, PM me if interested.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.