Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this where you guys meet for the Tuesday night rides?

I come upon this entrance while on a road ride last week. If so it's closer to me (I am in Alamo-just moved here two months ago) than I thought.

-Larry

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Alhambra Creek Staging Area

From your neck of the woods, its P. Hill to Taylor to Alhambra. May not be a go for this Tuesday since the mud gets a little thick towards the bottom. Plus, it may be the BTCEB monthly meeting.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EBrider said:
From your neck of the woods, its P. Hill to Taylor to Alhambra. May not be a go for this Tuesday since the mud gets a little thick towards the bottom. Plus, it may be the BTCEB monthly meeting.
OH-I rode the Contra Costa Canal trail and remember seeing Alhambra Road. I'll have to look it up on the map. My trail-rat light died, so I am looking at Jetlites for a replacement; although it won't be until the time-change as my work schedule will be more flexible.

Yea I put semi-clicks on my MTB and *thought* about riding up that side of Briones, but it was just too nasty and this was before the storm, can't imagine it now.

Thanks for the info EBrider - hope to ride with you again soon!

-Larry

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
LJ0913 said:
OH-I rode the Contra Costa Canal trail and remember seeing Alhambra Road. I'll have to look it up on the map. My trail-rat light died, so I am looking at Jetlites for a replacement; although it won't be until the time-change as my work schedule will be more flexible.

Yea I put semi-clicks on my MTB and *thought* about riding up that side of Briones, but it was just too nasty and this was before the storm, can't imagine it now.

-Larry
Just as EB said. Trails too muddy to start where we usually do at Alhambra Creek and the BTCEB monthly meeting is tomorrow night.

There's another trailhead at the top of Briones Road on the north side of the park. Usually, we still meet at the Alhambra Creek driveway near where it adjoins Reliez Valley Road and ride up to the Briones Road trailhead.

We'll try again next week.

·
Registered
411 Posts
LJ0913 said:

-Larry
I bought a Jet-lite a couple of weeks ago to commute to work with and to do the Briones Mafia night rides. I used it only once but I love it. I commute twice a week, weather permitting, for a 28 miles round trip ride and I leave my house at 5:30 am. I feel secure with this light in a sense that I am much more visible to cars and I am able to see joggers and dog walkers (on the C.C.C. Canal trail) from a good distance.
I bought the single 20 w beam with 3 settings and a battery led indicating the "juice" left.
I think you will love it too,

Alain

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
VTT said:
I bought a Jet-lite a couple of weeks ago to commute to work with and to do the Briones Mafia night rides. I used it only once but I love it. I commute twice a week, weather permitting, for a 28 miles round trip ride and I leave my house at 5:30 am. I feel secure with this light in a sense that I am much more visible to cars and I am able to see joggers and dog walkers (on the C.C.C. Canal trail) from a good distance.
I bought the single 20 w beam with 3 settings and a battery led indicating the "juice" left.
I think you will love it too,

Alain
Danger-thanks for the info, but I won't be able to get out there until late-winter/spring. Work is suckin', so it's weekend rides only for me for the time being...

VTT-I use to night ride Marin Headlands once a week when I lived in the city. My buddy had a Jet-Lite, I regretted getting my light has he would always light up the trail. Good to know you're another user that loves it! Can't wait to get mine.....

-Larry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts