Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Clean out your PM mailbox!

1. Bikezilla has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
6 Pack vs Moment

SSINGA
Not to highjack yr thread SSINGA but just curious what you think of your 6pack vs yr Moment
genuine question not a flame generator.. Nor am I going to become a Hommy not yet ha ha
yr 6 pack sure looks sweet though, I haven't had the pleasure of riding the 6 pack myself so hence the question. Anyway be good to have your honest comparison. I was checking the specs and found them interesting, anyway enjoy..

Attachments

·
orthonormal
5,261 Posts
trailadvent said:
SSINGA
Not to highjack yr thread SSINGA but just curious what you think of your 6pack vs yr Moment
genuine question not a flame generator.. Nor am I going to become a Hommy not yet ha ha
yr 6 pack sure looks sweet though, I haven't had the pleasure of riding the 6 pack myself so hence the question. Anyway be good to have your honest comparison. I was checking the specs and found them interesting, anyway enjoy..
The biggest difference is the quality of the human being who profits from your purchase.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
A point to be mindful of is the standovers on those two bikes are measured in two different places. The Turner is near the center of the TT, The EW is near the foot of the ST-TT brace. I also recall EW saying something about BB height being measured at sag, I don't know if that applies here or not. Turner's measurements are taken unsagged. These may be small points, and probably will not play a great role in the overall performance, but I do recall one of our UK brothren having to change a frame size on order b/c standover was a personal issue. (short legs) Just keep that in mind when it comes time to place your order.

Meanwhile I'm sure a whole lot of people are waiting on SSINGA's ride report and possible comparison:D

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
Here are some unsagged measurements of my Large Moment

Fox 36 at 150 mm travel:
Top Tube 24.75
Wheelbase 45
Chainstay 17
Bottom Bracket (Unsagged) 14.5
Standover 33.375 at pedal spindle with horizontal crank (#1)
Standover 31 at center of bottom bracket (#2)
Seat Tube Angle 70.5 degrees
Head Tube Andle 67.5 degrees

Fork at 110 mm travel changes the following:
BB 14
SO 32.75 (#1) 30.5 (#2)
SA 73
HA 69.5

I had trouble trying to measure the wheelbase on the ground, but later I just decided to measure axle to axle.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Bob the Wheelbuilder said:
I had trouble trying to measure the wheelbase on the ground, but later I just decided to measure axle to axle.
Heh, I thought that was the wheelbase.:eek:
Tnx for the direct measurements. Interesting to see dropping the fork 40 translated to half an inch at the BB. The SA and HA change after the drop was not unexpected. Just for clarification the Turner SO is measured at #1, at or just behind the forward pedal axle, cranks level.

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
For some reason, I got messed up trying to visualize the actual tire "footprint" on the ground. I realized the axle to axle would give me the same value with a lot less fuss and a lot more precision. :eek:

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
These are the measurements from my small - I never took a wheelbase measurement. I'll Try to get the pack measured soon. I'll write up a short review once I get some time on it out on some familiar trails that I rode weekly on the Moment.

Measurements taken from my Moment (unsagged) w/ 2.35 Nevegal tires on XM321 rims, Fox Vanilla RLC 125 fork & 7.875x2.25 DHX shock.

BB height Ground to middle of BB = 14"
HA = 68.5 degrees
SA = 72 degrees
Effective TT = 22.25"
Standover = 31.25" at pedal spindle with horizontal crank
Weight - small Frame, seat collar, DHX w/ 600lb spring = 7.95lbs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.