Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just rebuilt my duc for the first time to try to fix some issues. Got the damper stuff dialed but there's something wierd going on with the spring leg.

Not on every compression, but frequently enough that it's annoying, my fork is making kind of a binding spring feeling and noise on the rebound stroke. Almost like the one and only spring in the thing is getting pinched. It's kind of abrasive. Is crimping the spring down on the plastic supposed to address this? I saw someone mention this before and it really does feel like there's some spring play/friction in there.

Thanks.

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
Never ride on a fork named "DUC". That should've been your 1st clue to stay away.
Pike maybe but no damn ducs.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
e[I said:
o]Never ride on a fork named "DUC". That should've been your 1st clue to stay away.
Pike maybe but no damn ducs.
I've owned and beat the piss out of this fork for two years.:D

Knowledge of some other 6" travel fork that weighs under 4 pounds is hard to come by. I love this thing.

I'm coming though post canyon and seattle on the way to whistler at the end of august, you down? We're bringing enough people to do some cypress and seymour shuttling as well as the multiple days at whistler. But I have to be honest, post canyon is a VERY high priority. Send me some contact info if you can get some riding in. It would be nice to get some runs in with you.

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
kidwoo said:
I'm coming though post canyon and seattle on the way to whistler at the end of august, you down? We're bringing enough people to do some cypress and seymour shuttling as well as the multiple days at whistler. But I have to be honest, post canyon is a VERY high priority. Send me some contact info if you can get some riding in. It would be nice to get some runs in with you.
You didn't have to edit the "suck it sister" comment. I took no offense to that. :p

Come on up!
The Shore is a mere 2.5 hours away.
I might have one more Whistler trip in me in Aug./Sept. as we'll be there twice in July.
Let me know when you're coming. The Highlife Crew will give you a PNW welcome.

I still say ducs are [email protected] waterfowl and pikes are predatory fish with teeth. ;) :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.