Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all --

My girl and I have decided to apply for a work visa and make the move. RIght now, Nelson sounds awesome, but it migth have to be Auckland based on the job situation ...

Aaaanyway ... I'm dying to know what the riding is like in NZ, no matter what island or city vicinity. Please shoot me an e-mail to olaf at richterdesign dot net.

Thanks a bunch ....

- ø

·
Registered
60 Posts
KiaOra!

I lived in the central south island till I was 22, and I have now been living in Auckland for 18 months. The riding up here is not as good as down south but almost anywhere in NZ you'll be within 40min or so of sweet riding. If you're into the outdoors the Sth Island is awesome, skiing, biking, hiking, sufing etc etc!

The riding over here is generally two types….
'Back-country' type riding which is often old tramping tracks and is technical, rough and rocky :D and,
Purpose built mtb tracks/parks, both XC and downhill, mostly built entirely by volunteers and in land borrowed from commercial forestry or councils.

As far as biking advice goes, click along to www.vorb.org.nz, it's a VERY active and helpful online mtb community, but bring your sense of humour! Lots of photo galleries etc…

Also see..
www.aucklandmtb.co.nz
www.onyourbike.co.nz
www.nelsonmountainbikeclub.org.nz/ oops(already posted above!)

Later,
Matt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.