Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some knee pads for my 6 year old son and struggling, most appear to be either skate style with a very hard cup that just look uncomfortable and not suitable for pedalling or have two flimsy straps that look like they won't hold in place.

Any recommendations and on a slightly weirder note has anyone considered using an adults elbow pad such as the 661 riot as a kids knee pad or are the ergonomics totally off?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I recommend G-Form. Light, sizes that fit kids, and a cool technology that makes them better than anything I have seen. They have a soft rubbery pad that turns hard on impact. Pretty cool. My 5 year old and 7 year old can put their pads on themselves, take them off themselves, and the pads stay in place without issue. Only issue is they are a little spendy compared to others, but in my opinion, a little extra money for protection saves you in both medical expenses and time off the trails. Definitely worth it. I ride the same pads and they are the best I have ever worn. Comfortable to wear, stay in place, easy on, easy off, and take and impact without issue. I wear them below a pair of cargo paints for free ride and dirt jumping, with a cross country ride to the trails/jumps and back. I don't even notice them on when riding. First pads I have had no complaints about.

·
ilmfat
1,316 Posts
my girls run the fox peewee pads and the evs mini pads.

tho they look uncomfortable, my girls have no complaints.

they actually don't sit well when the leg is straight, but once on the bike, the fit looks good.

·
I like bikes
320 Posts
We bought small indoor volleyball knee pads with soccer shin guards for a few years. Most of the little kid stuff just didn't fit well. The V-ball pads and soccer stuff came in all sizes and styles. Worked well, and was relatively inexpensive in comparison.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.