Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Future Rainbow Jersey
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Padre,

I think it was you who said you used these. I checked out their site and was intrigued. However, the site was vague on a few things.

1) How do they work?
2) What's the weight savings over conventional tubes?
3) How have they been for you?
4) How are they compared to the Stan's set-up?

Thanks in advance. If anyone else uses these things, feel free to chime in.

·
Future Rainbow Jersey
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Timo said:
It's a parody of Stan's No Tubes......Yes Tubes means just regular tubes.
I kind of got that, but is it a real product? Are they really just regular tubes? They are $50 for a pair of whatever they are. Wow, I feel like douche now! Uhg! :madman:

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
My experience with YesTubes has been great! Slightly air up the YesTube, just enough to give it shape, slip it into the tire, preferably with some kinda baby powder so the tube and tire don't stick together. Then seat one bead of the tire, then the other. Make sure the valve is straight. You can use those silly nuts if you feel like it, but I don't. If you DO use one, don't turn it too tight, you CAN rip the valve right off if you're a hamfist. Then grab your trusty floor pump. None of this 150psi stuff like 29collosus ;). Air up nice and slowly. If you do it right, you'll be able to hear the snap of the beads locking into place at about 60 psi. Now just back the pressure down to what you're comfortable with for your conditions! Blammo! just like that, you're off to the races!

I love sarcasm!

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Yes Tubes

~martini~ said:
My experience with YesTubes has been great! Slightly air up the YesTube, just enough to give it shape, slip it into the tire, preferably with some kinda baby powder so the tube and tire don't stick together. Then seat one bead of the tire, then the other. Make sure the valve is straight. You can use those silly nuts if you feel like it, but I don't. If you DO use one, don't turn it too tight, you CAN rip the valve right off if you're a hamfist. Then grab your trusty floor pump. None of this 150psi stuff like 29collosus ;). Air up nice and slowly. If you do it right, you'll be able to hear the snap of the beads locking into place at about 60 psi. Now just back the pressure down to what you're comfortable with for your conditions! Blammo! just like that, you're off to the races!

I love sarcasm!
BRILLIANT!

Attachments

·
Future Rainbow Jersey
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
G-d Damn! They're really just f*(king tubes? WTF?

I need a hole to hide in. Can I delete this silly-assed thread?

It's a convincing website. It actually looks real. Fooled me pretty good.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
ziggurat22 said:

Don't sweat it..... The site was put together by an mtbr legend. I'm STILL laughing!

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
ziggurat22 said:

Not a big deal ;) Just a funny joke.

"Revolutionary yet so Retro" - HAHA!!

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
My "yestubes" of choice are 26" Specialized Turbo tubes. 125g

p.s. I've never had a blow off using them, I don't need an air compressor to fill them up (although I do), I've never burped a tire using them and I can change tires whenever I get the feeling to.

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
Just think of it as a lesson on how we are influenced by the BIG Marketing Juggernaut. :nonod:

edit: Image oops.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
1) How do they work? exquisitely
2) What's the weight savings over conventional tubes? 0g
3) How have they been for you? exquisite
4) How are they compared to the Stan's set-up? much more betterer

·
A Surly Maverick
2,707 Posts
Hey the Yes Tubes site is great !

So helpful and clear.

I was `surprised` to find I was already a convert to this fine product, and have been fpr many years.

They even make a 29er specific YT product.

Worth every cent ! :)

G

·
So much confusion.

Of course they are a real product. How else could they afford such a swank world headquarters?

·
minister of chaos
312 Posts
I've got an even better solution. Instead of making the inside of your tyres messy with Stan's or your homemade goop, buy my prefilled Stan's bladders. Just slip these in between your Tubeless ready tyre and rim, add air so that the bladder can take the shape of the tyre and you are set to go. All of the benefits of Stan's without the mess!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.