Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
my shop sells both of them, they are both nice, but ask your self do i want a cool bike made by a mtb co. or a bike made for people who like to ware leotards?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
pitmang1 said:
The title pretty much says it all. Anyone know the weights of these two?
I did a little checking and found the Paddy Wagon weighs in at 22lbs and the San Jose comes in at 21-23lbs. I know, not the most accurate weights, but it lets us know they are about the same. Sorry I couldn't be more accurate.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
scot-tea said:
my shop sells both of them, they are both nice, but ask your self do i want a cool bike made by a mtb co. or a bike made for people who like to wear leotards?
I think I know which one Biker Fox would ride? I think I'll go with the Kona. Same weight, but I'll get the flip-flop hub.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Depends what you want it for, the paddy wagon is a fixed gear road bike (probably closer to the bianchi pista but with brakes, the san jose is a single speed cross bike. Also, I believe the san jose has a flip flop hub (free/fixed) so you can run it fixed although it does not come stock with a fixed cog.

The san jose is probably the more versatile one (does what the kona does plus you can run bigger/cx tires and fenders if you so desire).

In that price range you should also consider an IRO.

·
Registered
212 Posts
biker fox is a bianchi man all the way.
the kona comes with fat tires and a flip-flop. i think 32s. pistas should be sold at wal-mart. they suck and are for guys that ware girl pants

·
"Mr. Britannica"
1,818 Posts
Paddy wagon is a road SS/FG, whereas the San Jose is CX and $100 less. I will tell you this about the SJ, the wheels will need retruing after your first 1/2 lap around the block. Might or might not be the same for the Kona, but cannot be unexpected for inexpensive bikes. One more thing about the SJ rear wheel, you will need to pull the axle to change the FW because no FW tool will fit over the lock nut. Again, might or might no be true for the Kona but if they are spaced the same it could be. And the Bianchi is 100% chick designed. Oh yeah, the 06 SJ is FW only, not flip flop.

·
Registered
91 Posts
scot-tea said:
biker fox is a bianchi man all the way.
the kona comes with fat tires and a flip-flop. i think 32s. pistas should be sold at wal-mart. they suck and are for guys that ware girl pants
Kona comes w/slick 28's. You cannot run real CX tires with road caliper brakes, which the paddy wagon has. San Jose has canti's.

Again, it depends on the intended use.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bought myself a Paddy Wagon today after work and what a difference from the 1x1 getting to the grocery store. I'll take it out for some miles tomorrow and post some pics.

·
just have fun!
154 Posts
I love my San Jose. It handles anything from pavement to tight singletrack with ease. As for weight, my 58cm checks in at about 24lb with pedals, cages and rear rack. I took off some weight by switching the stock tires to road tires since I moved to a more urban area. It's a beefy bike, but feels totally strong and solid. I'll keep it forever.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.