Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else in the mode of not going anywhere unarmed? What is your chosen firearm and/or method of carry while riding?

YMMV
Lon

·
aka Diesel
1,249 Posts
Teufelhunde said:
Anyone else in the mode of not going anywhere unarmed? What is your chosen firearm and/or method of carry while riding?

YMMV
Lon
1) I'd shoot myself in the arse when I plowed dirt. Trust me. I'm That Girl.

2) Isn't it illegal to bring a firearm into a national or state park?

I'd love to have an actual gun while doing some of my more isolated runs and rides, but I settle for my stun gun instead, for fear of getting in trouble.

That said, what's the saying? "Judged by 12 or carried by 6"?

·
No Clue Crew
7,356 Posts
You'll find most here frown on gun talk. I do carry but it's not easily accessible for an immediate threat.

·
oh Lucky me
705 Posts
Blatant said:
You'll find most here frown on gun talk. I do carry but it's not easily accessible for an immediate threat.
ehh rubbish!!! i strap an AR-15 to my top tube every ride :thumbsup:

lol...

·
I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle
874 Posts
probley one of the dumbest posts Ive seen in a while...but we r in the wild west yeehaa!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have when out by myself before. I stopped because my gun is just too bulky and heavy. When I did it was in its holster in my pack, so it wasnt quickly accesable but safe. I "need" a glock 27!!

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT

Another fukkin gun thread!!

I was getting bored w/out one!!
Thanks Teufelhunde!!

·
Registered
558 Posts
For DC rides I like to strap a six foot potato launcher to my top tube and carry a 5 lb bag of organic pots in my camelback and a jumbo can of aqua net for propulsion. The extra weight helps in training plus no one messes with me in the washes.

·
Five is right out
3,174 Posts
What we need is a bit of originality on a gun thread. How about a thread in the WW forum discussing the options for the weight concious rider? Titanium, drilled holes, ceramics... there's got to be something that hasn't been said before.

·
How do I do that?
561 Posts
I'm almost always ready to defend myself at a moments notice when I'm on the single track. Safety's always off and it takes all of .4 seconds for me to aim and fire.

It took me a while to learn how to shift without accidently firing though;)

·
I am Walt
6,392 Posts
C Dunlop said:
Teufelhunde, you should just skip all of the phallic imagery vagueness and get a will water pistol. Guns just scream latent.

You can pack my heat anytime you want to.
LMAO!! I just sprayed coffee on my monitor!!

·
I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle
874 Posts
I dont need a Gun I have a Donk! (anyone name that one?)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just one!

azepicriderandrunner said:
I carry my glock in my water bottle cage spot. You can buy special adapted gun holders that screw into the frame. Pretty sweet. I just switch it over for each bike, ie commuter, mountain road, cruiser, etc.
Wow, you only carry one gun when you ride, I can't believe you're so lax about your own safety. Myself, I carry my .357 w/ wadcutters (of course) for small annoyances, such as fixie riders and people who ride single speeds. Then theirs the 9mm w/ P++ (of course) for when six shots isn't enough, also my .44 cause anything less is frowned upon by my equals (other people carrying guns). I think that covers the handguns, I won't go into my long gun arsenal cause I don't want N0bama to know about those.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Greffster said:
I dont need a Gun I have a Donk! (anyone name that one?)
"That's incredible. Imagine seven million people all wanting to live together. Yeah, New York must be the friendliest place on earth."

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Teufelhunde said:
in the mode of not going anywhere unarmed?
honest question - have you ever felt a gun would protect you on a bike, and if so, when? The only thing I've ever had to defend myself from was cars.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.