Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have them for my MTB and Gravel bikes. They are nice and small except for the valve stem sticking straight out makes them a little harder to pack. You can't really bend it over since the tubes are stiff.
I think I seen something from Sea Otter where they are making them with shorter, threadable valve stems now to improve on this.

·
Rides all the bikes!
4,489 Posts
Ugh...I want to not like them. But that is a lot of weight to drop from my saddle...

I might be hesitant to help out another trail user though. Maybe I'll carry it on race day only :lol:

·
Registered
Getting too old for this...
1,186 Posts
I have 2 of the regular mtb for 2.2ish tires. Never had to use them. But they allowed me to create the tiniest possible seatpack. I have yet to find a better way to carry my crap than a seat pack, even though they are not in fashion anymore on mtb.

I have a Tubolito tube, one 20gram co2, a small multitool, 2 tire levers, patches, $20 bill, Schrader valve adapter, co2 inflater head, 2 zip ties, and I'm adding a super small dynaplug kit. All that in a road pack about the same size as a thick wallet. It's perfect.

That said, I did just order the removable stem tube from bikeinn, thanks poster above. That is the best price I've found, and reasonable shipping.

The only thing I'd love to see, is a tiny "pack" of some kind with just the tube that fits up under the average saddle. You'd not even see it. Tuck it up under there, in a waterproof pouch or something.

Then you could do a steer tube tool/co2 set, maybe a bar end plug kit, and the tube under the saddle for race-ready hidden storage. I'm working on making something now for the saddle.

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
They look interesting as a spare. Is it possible to fold it down to the same size after use? Or do they stretch/expand?
Yeah, considering how rarely I have to tube up a tubeless tire, it'd be nice to have a smaller, lighter, "I just need to get home" option for my repair kit.

They remind me of the polyethylene(?) plastic tubes from the old days when I used to use latex.

·
Rides all the bikes!
4,489 Posts
Then you could do a steer tube tool/co2 set, maybe a bar end plug kit, and the tube under the saddle for race-ready hidden storage. I'm working on making something now for the saddle.
Specialized has an underseat carrier for a tube, CO2, lever, and valve that bolts to one of their seats (requires their seat though). That is what I have on my XC bike. With that, the SWAT bottle tool, and head tube chain breaker I don't really have to carry anything.

My new Enduro has the head tube tool/chain breaker combo and SWAT box with tube, two CO2's, levers, Wolftooth pliers, sealant, and Leatherman style multitool!

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
I just ordered two of the S-Tubo's from BikeInn, @ $25.95 USD each, plus $7.95 shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did just the same. Crazy as the weight saved might be enough to compensate for my new dropper. Fair trade I would say. Even at $25 each plus shipping.

The only bad thing is that given the cost trail karma becomes more interesting. Hard to just hand a stranger a $30 tube.

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
I did just the same. Crazy as the weight saved might be enough to compensate for my new dropper. Fair trade I would say. Even at $25 each plus shipping.

The only bad thing is that given the cost trail karma becomes more interesting. Hard to just hand a stranger a $30 tube.
Ha, re the karma, though I have a net surplus, I believe...LOL

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I have one of these on each of my bikes as an emergency spare. I carry them in a waterproof sunglasses bag ($5 for 10 off eBay) which is strapped to my frame with a spare hanger. Keeps the tube nice and clean if I ever have to use it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Can anyone comment on the Tubolito valves with a thread-on Lezyne-style mini pump? I'm interested in getting one of these to carry as a spare, but I want to make sure they can be inflated with this type of mini pump. The regular orange valves don't look like they'd work with my pump, but the removable model looks to have more of a traditional valve stem.

thanks

1 - 20 of 54 Posts