Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having been on one solo ride and one group ride with my first digital camera, I have to say I have a whole new respect for those of you who unselfishly take time to shoot our group rides.

I was not so noble today. Most "Kodak moments" were ignored and the thoughts of just keep pedaling prevailed.

I've ridden this area half a dozen times and knew there was a herd of elk that lived there, but had never seen them. Finally spotted them today but too slow on the draw to catch a picture. Here's a few shots.

1. Mark, Scott, and Stephen on top of Spikes Peak with San Luis Res. in the background.
2 & 3 Trail shots
4. Never expected to see poppys in bloom in late November.
5. Where's Dave?

Attachments

·
Ride what you want!!
2,202 Posts
Nice pics.

Don't forget, the camara always makes a good excuse for why you're bring up the rear..... or at least why I'm bringing up the rear.

george

·
Registered
723 Posts
How Many Miles?

fred-da-trog said:
Having been on one solo ride and one group ride with my first digital camera, I have to say I have a whole new respect for those of you who unselfishly take time to shoot our group rides.

I was not so noble today. Most "Kodak moments" were ignored and the thoughts of just keep pedaling prevailed.

I've ridden this area half a dozen times and knew there was a herd of elk that lived there, but had never seen them. Finally spotted them today but too slow on the draw to catch a picture. Here's a few shots.

1. Mark, Scott, and Stephen on top of Spikes Peak with San Luis Res. in the background.
2 & 3 Trail shots
4. Never expected to see poppys in bloom in late November.
5. Where's Dave?
How many miles did you get in? How big is the park?

·
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Portola Vince said:
How many miles did you get in? How big is the park?
Sorry, no computer, no GPS, had map but didn't look at it. I recall the park is about 6,800 acres with 28 miles or so of trails. We pretty much just circled the perimeter, except for a detour to climb the highest point.

·
Medium?
6,731 Posts
Questions

fred-da-trog said:
I have a whole new respect for those of you who unselfishly take time to shoot our group rides.
You've really got to keep on top of it if you plan to tell a story with the pictures. Pete is the master. Biking Viking is really good too.

Any maps or directions for that ride? How long? Climbing? I want to take my son out somewhere tomorrow.

·
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fast Eddy said:
You've really got to keep on top of it if you plan to tell a story with the pictures. Pete is the master. Biking Viking is really good too.

Any maps or directions for that ride? How long? Climbing? I want to take my son out somewhere tomorrow.
Your right about that. I still remember your early morning Vegas/snow story. Outstanding.

Pete was there in spirit. We just showed up and rode.:D

Here's a little info. http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-s...all-other-areas/trail/PRD_165131_4518crx.aspx

$5 parking. There are copies of trail maps at the iron ranger. The elk herd was at the eastern boundry today next to the windmills.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.