Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Feeding your addiction
Joined
·
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Close-up shots of the new Pace RC29-S100 suspension fork. This thing looks freakin incredible, and the weight is excellent. (guess it better be considering the price). Be intersting to see how they perform on the trail, seems to be very tuneable - lots of adjustments.

Larry
Mountain High Cyclery
[email protected]
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
They do look sweet but I'll be interested to see how they compare to the 26" 39's as my riding buddy just sold his after 3 weeks because he found them too flexy.

Are the stanchions on these 30mm or 28.6?
 

·
Recovering couch patato
Joined
·
14,019 Posts
I really like the looks of those. Weight is the best we've seen since WB in 2003 and recent FRM's.
However, spending such money I think it's time someone got the 29" German Answer Kilo Alu at 1346g uncut. Likely to be stiffer and plusher, plus it's a linkage design with constant-trail, not telescopic. 80mm though, and less fatty tire compatible. For bling there's the ca 1100g Carbon version...

Was the Pace weighed uncut, or what length steerer? Star nut?
 

·
Feeding your addiction
Joined
·
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cloxxki said:
Was the Pace weighed uncut, or what length steerer? Star nut?
That was uncut, no starnut.

Larry
 

·
Feeding your addiction
Joined
·
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cocheese said:
What's the downtube clearance like?
Not sure, I'll check it out. It's going on a customer's Sultan frame that should be arriving Monday or Tuesday.

Larry
 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
no doubt.....larry's shop is a friggin jam-packed jewelery store for bikes indeed!

i am actually trying to get a garage sale bike from larry myself....sort of like somebody else i know did :) i am hoping underneath all that bling there are some cheaper parts!

speaking of larry's shop....here is a pic i took after a demo ride on the el cap
 

Attachments

·
try driving your car less
Joined
·
3,097 Posts
FoShizzle said:
no doubt.....larry's shop is a friggin jam-packed jewelery store for bikes indeed!

i am actually trying to get a garage sale bike from larry myself....sort of like somebody else i know did :) i am hoping underneath all that bling there are some cheaper parts!

speaking of larry's shop....here is a pic i took after a demo ride on the el cap
and he takes the time to post stuff like this.

thanks!
 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
jh_on_the_cape said:
and he takes the time to post stuff like this.

thanks!
The only thing I can say negative about Larry is that he hangs out with those aholes Squeaky Wheel and El Beastro but hey, I guess Larry is also very charitable then
 
G

·
wow... sexy looking fork!

i could never ride something like that. way too many dings on my lowers!!!
 

·
Old Fart at Play
Joined
·
637 Posts
Well, that is pretty interesting.

WillitsBrand.com said:
I've spent the week riding one. Pretty interesting. It's a different mindset to have it lock in the compressed position.

Anything else to add?
 

·
45 gone, 15 to go
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
Cloxxki said:
However, spending such money I think it's time someone got the 29" German Answer Kilo Alu at 1346g uncut. Likely to be stiffer and plusher, plus it's a linkage design with constant-trail, not telescopic. 80mm though, and less fatty tire compatible. For bling there's the ca 1100g Carbon version.
But good luck getting one in the USA. If I am wrong let me know.
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top