Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
College
1,198 Posts
donkey said:
....no ride report yet but it sure does look good. Preliminary neighborhood testing indicates an increase in compliance and a decrease in weight:)

B
mmm looks sweet. Is that 80 mm suspension corrected ? What's the rake on that thing ?

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
b12yan88 said:
How's it compared to your walt and vicious or whatever else you have ?
I've ridden this frame with a KM fork and a Walt. The KM is 468mm 43mm rake and the Walt is 470mm 40mm rake.

I'll post a ride report after I have a few hundred miles on it.

B

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Onetrack said:
Donkey, Let us know how the increase(steeper) head-angle works out. I would love the fork, but not at the risk changing my handling.
I doubt I'll ever notice it. It's only 5mm shorter....not enough to dramatically change the head angle.

B

·
528 Posts
5mm

I agree, I doubt you will notice 5mm difference. Nice Fork. I am waiting for my LBS to call me back when they get one in. I am second in line, so unless they get 2 or the first guy turns it down, I won't have it this week.

donkey said:
I doubt I'll ever notice it. It's only 5mm shorter....not enough to dramatically change the head angle.

B

·
Cold. Blue. Steel.
1,709 Posts
Sweet indeed!
New forks are all the rage...
My new Walt-Lite fork should be in my hands by Friday. :cool:

Looking forward to your ride report; and my ride experience. :cool:
Stay tuned (uh, pun not intended).

OGG

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lanpope said:
B -

Am I seeing things or is that a brake noodle you have going into the left (front) brake lever?

LP
Good eye...it most certainly is! I use a brake noodle to clean up the routing a bit and create a nice clean line down the fork leg.

B

·
Bored
1,982 Posts
Really nice looking. clean lines.. I'd love to see that on the moots.

Have you posted that bike before? I don't remember seeing it.

Also.. something about those big S-works logos on the tires that make a bike look fast!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.