Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Homey the Clown
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any reason a Pace 440mm 26er carbon fork couldn't be used on a non-sus corrected 29er? I'm running a 440mm steel fork right now, and think the Pace would be a nice upgrade, plus you can run V's which is not true for some of the other carbon forks.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
There is no reason why it would not work. I am currently running a 420mm Pace on my 29er. I needed the shortest fork possible that still fit a real 29er tire, and I think this is it. I am running it with a Rampage right now, and a Weirwolf will fit no problem.

I actually E-mailed Pace about it, and their only concern was with using V-brakes, as the 29" wheel would put the brake clamp right where the fork is designed to flex. I am using discs, so no issue here. I also don't think it would be an issue with the longer 440mm fork.

The fork has been great so far, very light, nice ride, and rockets up the hills. Now I just need some lighter wheels!

Mark

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.