Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive heard a couple of different rumors going around about some local riding in pittsburgh.
1. Is their going to be a freerid park in Frick park?
2. Is their going to be a freeride park/ downhill trails and lifts during the summer at 7springs.
3. is their currently a resort that runs all sumer, with lifts, in north central Pa?

Thanks

·
40 oz to freedom
1,049 Posts
I have heard the same about 7 Springs. I'm gonna call them soon and find out for sure.

·
Registered
58 Posts
#3 is true, Ski Denton is open to Mtn Biking in the Summer with Lift assistance. Near Coudersport, PA

·
Nice no rass
682 Posts
We are currently planning lift served DH and adding free ride parks to Seven Springs as well as adding more XC trails. I proposed this to the new owner last Summer and he is all over the idea. As soon as the planning is finalized I'll post what I know.

·
Registered
829 Posts
To all:

Just a note from the northeastern part of the state. My friend works at Sno Mountain(Montage) They have said they can't run MTBs unless a group like NORBA sanctions the process. I know, what does NORBA have to do with MTB's riding there everyday.

I think it's just a way of denying MTBs at the place. Mean while all around them more and more places are moving forward.

Same thing happened with snoboards years ago. Montage was one of the last to allow them.

How do other ski areas insure the process?

Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ski Denton 2007 Season

We had alot of rider input regarding our second season of lift-serviced downhill and all mountain riding at ski denton. Well, let's see if we came to a reasonable compromise. Here is our planned operating
We will operate every saturday and sunday 9:00 am to 4:00pm from May 26th through July 15th...break for archery and other possible new events...resume september 1 (Labor day included) every saturday and sunday through october 14th.

Memorial day weekend - FESTIVAL including, demos, portable terrain set-up, family style races(events), back country tours, clinics, CROSS-COUNTRY RACE ONE DAY AND A DOWNHILL RACE THE OTHER DAY.

October 6 - Mid-Atlantic Super Series marathon finals will be hosted at Ski Denton

Others events in the works.

Hope we pleased as many as we could. Can't wait to get the season started and see all our friends again...and hopefully MEET many, many new ones!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.