Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
When did you get here?!?!
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody! This is the P36 roll-call thread. Are you in and ready to kick-ass??? ready to register but trying to save up the $30 entry fee? Need to find a partner willing to cuddle in the forest? Talk about it here:

·
Registered
84 Posts
If by training, you mean ice skating while holding a bike, then yes, I've done a lot!

I think Laurel Mtn and yellow gap would be more fun with a bobsled tho...

·
Asheville YetiRider
278 Posts
I know how important it is to be drinking beers while riding a mountain bike on snow and ice. BUTT if there is any sober riders, maybe that's asking too much let's say at least conscious riders. I'm looking for someone to ride the 36r with. Let me know if you know anyone. I don't care if they’re plastered the whole 36 hrs. Hopefully they just know the trails better then I do.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Asheville YetiRider said:
I know how important it is to be drinking beers while riding a mountain bike on snow and ice. BUTT if there is any sober riders, maybe that's asking too much let's say at least conscious riders. I'm looking for someone to ride the 36r with. Let me know if you know anyone. I don't care if they're plastered the whole 36 hrs. Hopefully they just know the trails better then I do.
I'll promise to be there for you at all the turns if you promise to go slow enough to not wear me out in the first six hours :thumbsup:

I can't make any sobriety promises after the first 50 miles though... :D

·
Registered
299 Posts
I promise to stay reasonably sober, but I don't know the trails that well. Oh yeah, I am also looking for someone to try to not get lost with.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am planning both to drink a little and to get lost a little. I will be solo in order to avoid disappointing anyone who wants their race to include more or less drinking and/or being lost than I intend.
I may also plan to dominate the chick category, depending on if Shanna shows up.

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
"I may also plan to dominate the chick category"!?!

Take the "may" out of your mind, as it is not part of the OSTD (Official Smack Talk Dictionary - which I just made up. That ok PP?)

:yesnod:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm breaking in my new hiking boots quickly. These with a set of platforms (and maybe some crampons) might come in handy next month!

·
Registered
671 Posts
roll call or call of the roll? tp that is ;)
these attractive huts have sprung up at all the group camps since December

Cove Creek isn't quite completed, hopefully in another month it will be ready for a grand opening.

·
Registered
119 Posts
M-U-M said:
"I may also plan to dominate the chick category"!?!

Take the "may" out of your mind, as it is not part of the OSTD (Official Smack Talk Dictionary - which I just made up. That ok PP?)

:yesnod:
Well, last I heard, I was the only entrant in the chick category. So if that is still the case, my domination of the category will be of monumental proportions. VICTORY IS MINE!

·
Politically Incorrect
643 Posts
ridn29s said:
these attractive huts have sprung up at all the group camps since December
Cool! If Erinna doesn't bring her dog, I'll know who to give my pizza to.

Anybody know how I can drop 30 pounds, become familiar with Pisgah, improve my cardio and get ready for this race in the next 30 days? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
671 Posts
extrmtao said:
Surely not, if they do I heard a rumor that PP won't let us use them during the race as an extra special test.
the mother of all special tests was for whoever had to dig out the old ones :arf: :arf:
I saw the large hole stage at Kuykendall and it wasn't pretty...

1 - 20 of 69 Posts