Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The P3 looks like a sick bike but it comes with only 4 inches of travel. Do you think the P frame could handle a 5 or 6 inch fork? Post pics if you have a P3 with a more than 4 inch travel fork.
Thanks
Pat

G

·
freerider167 said:
The P3 looks like a sick bike but it comes with only 4 inches of travel. Do you think the P frame could handle a 5 or 6 inch fork? Post pics if you have a P3 with a more than 4 inch travel fork.
Thanks
Pat
Heres my p.2 with 7.... Its sweet. Ask any questions if you want.

Attachments

G

·
freerider167 said:
hows it ride? do you think the headtube would rip off with a Pike as the fork with a 180 pound rider on it?
Thanks, pat
It rides real nice, it's more leaned back, so it's easier to roll over bumps and obstacles, Gives a bigger balance point for wheelies, stops faster and more controlled due to stiffness...
I weigh 185, and Ive taken mine pretty big, 6-12 foot drops, lots of stairs, stair gaps, some DH, and other fun stuff. I trust that it wont rip apart my headtube. Plus a Pike isnt even dual crown. I wouldnt even think about my headtube with a pike on it.
Ask any more questions if you'd like.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It rides real nice, it's more leaned back, so it's easier to roll over bumps and obstacles, Gives a bigger balance point for wheelies, stops faster and more controlled due to stiffness...
I weigh 185, and Ive taken mine pretty big, 6-12 foot drops, lots of stairs, stair gaps, some DH, and other fun stuff. I trust that it wont rip apart my headtube. Plus a Pike isnt even dual crown. I wouldnt even think about my headtube with a pike on it.
Ask any more questions if you'd like.
more pics would be nice, that bike looks a lot better with more travel on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.