Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please don't use gasoline to degrease parts , the flash fire hazard , inhalation hazard and toxicity dangers are not worth it . That is all . :thumbsup:

·
Ride Instigator
3,220 Posts
nuck_chorris said:
so no one plays with flaming chains?
Kids stuff! Back in our crazy younger days we created a do it yourself mushroom cloud involving a gallon of gasolene, a full propane tank and a hole in the ground lined with a plastoc garbage bag:eek: .

Note: Do NOT try this within 100 yards of any person, property or plant life!!!:eekster:

·
Drinking the Slick_Juice
1,809 Posts
Ricko said:
Kids stuff! Back in our crazy younger days we created a do it yourself mushroom cloud involving a gallon of gasolene, a full propane tank and a hole in the ground lined with a plastoc garbage bag:eek: .

Note: Do NOT try this within 100 yards of any person, property or plant life!!!:eekster:
ok ive never played with flaming chain but the propane thing sounds dangerous, most ive done is tie a sock to a stick, dip it in gas and light er up

·
Ride Instigator
3,220 Posts
nuck_chorris said:
ok ive never played with flaming chain but the propane thing sounds dangerous, most ive done is tie a sock to a stick, dip it in gas and light er up
Danger or fear were not known to us back in our younger (stupid?) days. We lit that sukker and sped away on MX bikes, only turned around to look when we heard it blow.

·
BM and PQ Trail Rep
1,938 Posts
Coleman fuel or white gas is far more entertaining than plain old gasoline. And there is no oily residue after the fun! :thumbsup:

·
I Have Cookies
2,644 Posts
LOL I used to have old school DIY'ers come into the parts store to get their starters tested and I'd out right refuse to test em if I smelled gas on them. I had a trainee do one that was doused and cleaned in gas and tested it and we had a nice "flash" of burning gas. Needless to say my trainee lost some finger hair and learned a valuable lesson that day..... Plus it was kinda cool!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.