Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after i get my demo. I am going to be looking into also buying a hardtail dirt jumper. So i was thinking the 2005 Specialized P.3. So what do you think about it? is it good? just want to know your thoughts on it.
heres a pic of one

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
my friend has one. i love that thing everything is so solid on it. its actually pretty light feeling and the sherman jumper is awesome. everything is super nice on the bike and comes with everything you need for dj/urban and even a little 4x

·
Don't skid
1,160 Posts
P series bikes are sweet.
I have an 04 P2 for sale. Check out the sig below. Any good offer gets it, I need money for a new DH bike.

·
where's the kick stand?
674 Posts
There's a P.3 ('05 I think) for sale in the mtbr classifieds for $1000. I pretty sure i saw it in there, check it out, those are sick bikes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for your thoughts and stuff. also i was wondering what size do you think i should get. Im about 5-7 and like 130 pounds. Should i get the long or short P.3. The short has a stand over height of 25.5 inches and a wheel base of 1012mm. The long has a stand over height of 26.5 inches and a wheel base of 1048mm. so what do you think?

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
FoxBiker said:
thanks for your thoughts and stuff. also i was wondering what size do you think i should get. Im about 5-7 and like 130 pounds. Should i get the long or short P.3. The short has a stand over height of 25.5 inches and a wheel base of 1012mm. The long has a stand over height of 26.5 inches and a wheel base of 1048mm. so what do you think?
Short for sure! You want to be able to toss it around some and you're definitely not on the oversized end of the spectrum.

·
Innovate or die!
702 Posts
the only ghey thing about short P series is that you hit your foot on the tire when the crank is forward (i have size 10.5 feet)

G

·
j6105 said:
the only ghey thing about short P series is that you hit your foot on the tire when the crank is forward (i have size 10.5 feet)
yeah my bud has a short, it really is a problem...

·
East Coast Style
1,373 Posts
ive ridden p.3s setup with all different styles. from a boxxer world cup to a DJII, the bike is really great. its strong and launches in the air pretty easily. I wouldnt recommend running it with a big DC for dj, but other than that id say yes on getting one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JBsoxB said:
i've ridden a pink one. they are awsome. but not with a huge travel for on it like a vanilla (too plush for urban and dj....
yea thanks for that information but i was just planing on leaving the sherman on it that it comes with. but still nice to know

1 - 20 of 28 Posts