Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
(I'm copying this from the Spec. forum...since I haven't gotten any response in there)

I'm in the process of picking up a used P.1 frame. Not sure how I plan on using it yet, might just mess around town on it & keep it a SS. But since this is a just a frame I have a ton of options.

I've only really seen one P.1 w/ more of an 'Trail-bike' setup: http://mlav.com/new/mtbers/specialized/

I'm wondering how well the P series performs as an 'all-mountain' type of rig as opposed to just urban/park/DJ? Have you used your P series in such a way & was it worth it setting it up like that? (Oh & just to clarify, I don't intend to use it as a cross-country bike...)

Thx,

Mark

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have a p.1. It started as a S.S. then I put gears and a front brake and tried to ride it around more. It was so much more fun as a DJ/street bike I took all the gears and brake off and put my slick tires back on. Keep it simple.

·
pin it to win it
541 Posts
i ve had a P:1 for about a year now. I amnly use it to ride to school and DJ. I have rode it on trails with the ss it wasnt that bad. it is still stock but iam putting on Front brakes and i might ste it up with gears. i also am going to get a sherman firefly for it

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
I've got 2 P. series frames, the P.2 and the P.1 Cr-Mo. the P.2, P.1 A1 and the P.3 are all the same frame. I ride my P.2 for trail, but thats going away soon. I ride my P2 in more of an allmountain setting, with a lot of urban and DJ. when I rode AM and trail with it I had it set up with a Sherman Flick. it was okay, TT is definatly not long enough. it is fun to ride on trails though, dont know why. you have to put the seat way up to get any pedaling power and they climb like a sloth, but go for it.

for trail and allmountain i'm going to pick up a Jamis Komodo 1. and then my P.2 is going SS and getting a rigid fork or a 06 DJ III wichever one I can afford at the time.

the P. wasnt meant for trail. freeride and DJ sure, but it feels uncomforatable on the trail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts