Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Portland, OR
Joined
·
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I came across a 03 P.1 that realy...was never used. you can tell because the seat is way high up, has original tires and fork ...and by god...original reflectors. the guy wants $275.00 for it (the bike is exact as the one in the picture below) I was thinking set my P. series up for more 4X raceing. so keeping my gears and a longer travel fork. nobby tires and such. was thinking of picking this up {since I love the P. frames} and turning it into a park/DJ bike. (by just adding my stance static to the front end) think it would be a good deal for $275.00 ?
 

Attachments

·
Portland, OR
Joined
·
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
snaky69 said:
Why not? It looks better than the new p series, and black rocks.
I'm thinking re-paint the stance too, so it will be gloss black and match the frame. also I have gloss black bars.
 

·
Portland, OR
Joined
·
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ojai Bicyclist said:
Good deal, but personally I'd go rigid on that one and have suspension on your P2.
I'm probably going to go that route. the stance for the bigger DJ's but yea, rigid for park.

most of you didnt read my entire post did you? I said I'm going to turn the P.2 into a 4X race bike. most likely a longer travel fork, nobby tires, new drivetrain and the addition of a front brake. this bike is going to get k-rads and thats it.

BikeSATORI no, I didnt "brake" my stance, I bent the steerer on a huge jump that we didnt really build that well. so its at answer right now getting a new steerer pressed in. they're also checking for me to see if there is anything going wrong with the TPC+ that I had them make for my fork. feels great still, but I want them to make sure, just because I love the fork to death. they werent sure the TPC+ was going to work in the stance. my fork was kind of an experiment.
 

·
Portland, OR
Joined
·
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ontario_bike said:
sweet. but do you think you really need it? you could ude the money to upgrade ur p.2
I allready have all the "upgrades" for my P.2, also looks like my Yakuza is going to sell, so thats an extra $200.00 coming in, then I'm selling off all my video game stuff. that'll bring in about another $500.00
 

·
Meh.
Joined
·
17,508 Posts
todd_freeride said:
I'm probably going to go that route. the stance for the bigger DJ's but yea, rigid for park.

most of you didnt read my entire post did you? I said I'm going to turn the P.2 into a 4X race bike. most likely a longer travel fork, nobby tires, new drivetrain and the addition of a front brake. this bike is going to get k-rads and thats it.

BikeSATORI no, I didnt "brake" my stance, I bent the steerer on a huge jump that we didnt really build that well. so its at answer right now getting a new steerer pressed in. they're also checking for me to see if there is anything going wrong with the TPC+ that I had them make for my fork. feels great still, but I want them to make sure, just because I love the fork to death. they werent sure the TPC+ was going to work in the stance. my fork was kind of an experiment.
Actually SATORI spelled "break" correctly, if that's what you were getting at.

More than likely Manitou just used a TPC cartridge from a Sherman that they had left over. I don't see them fabbing up something one-off for the typical consumer.
 

·
Portland, OR
Joined
·
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
XSL_WiLL said:
Actually SATORI spelled "break" correctly, if that's what you were getting at.

More than likely Manitou just used a TPC cartridge from a Sherman that they had left over. I don't see them fabbing up something one-off for the typical consumer.
yes, thats what it is. sherman internals. but I guess they had something different in the stance lowers they had to change? my fork is custom. yay :D

and sorry about spelling. it doesnt bother me as it obviously bothers you.
 

·
Meh.
Joined
·
17,508 Posts
todd_freeride said:
yes, thats what it is. sherman internals. but I guess they had something different in the stance lowers they had to change? my fork is custom. yay :D

and sorry about spelling. it doesnt bother me as it obviously bothers you.
I thought you were criticizing his spelling when he spelled it correctly, and you incorrectly.

Yeah, the Stance was never meant to actually have oil in it. Poor seals.
 

·
Portland, OR
Joined
·
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
XSL_WiLL said:
I thought you were criticizing his spelling when he spelled it correctly, and you incorrectly.

Yeah, the Stance was never meant to actually have oil in it. Poor seals.
I meant as in it wasnt "broken" but its not working at the moment. its not a perminant problem, just needs a new steerer. the evil genius seals have been fine for the static, the kingpin leaked, but quickly stopped. theres still a lot of oil in them.
 

·
The king is on fire
Joined
·
238 Posts
free rider said:
no you wont...i am,:D id jump all over that for 275, dont like it? turn around and sell it for 400-500
He would never make that much. I bought the same bike in 05" for $300 complete. stock they don't pull much.

I'm selling an 03' Grey for $220 w/ truvativ crankset, fsa headset and sdg i beam seat and post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
If you do get that bike, here is a little secret not many ppl know...

If you want to make the bike look really clean and get rid of all the graphics you'd have to paint the frame since there is clear over the stickers.

OR go to your local sign shop and buy a foot of gloss black vinyl and slap some over the stickers. It matches the color perfectly and no one will ever be able to tell how you did it.
 

·
Portland, OR
Joined
·
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
or you could do what my buddy did. took his 03 P.3 and painted it red, then claimed it was an 05 frame...that was just sad. I wouldent actually do that to someone though.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top