Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't know if this crap is available outside Australia, but don't touch it with a barge-pole.
I've been running it for 3 months, got two weeeeeeeny little pinprick punctures today and it didn't reseal, all the sealant had congealed into a solid white mess on the inside of the tyre that took me a good hour to claw out of each tyre (hooray for obsessive-compulsive me :madman: ).
time to order me some Stan's, Stan is da man!

edit to fix a typo

·
Registered
450 Posts
I think you will find that is common with latex-based sealants.
Over time they dry out and the tyre needs to be topped up again - check out the label on the Stan's stuff, it gives you an estimation of how long this can be. Though this does depend on your conditions, and being in Australia you will tend to be riding in hotter and more dry conditions than others. I know with my Stan's sealant, I would have to top it up every 2 months.

I have not used the Ozriders stuff, but have friends that do and rate it quite highly. Just because it dries out over time, I wouldn't suggest to others to not "touch it with a bargepole".

Out of curiosity, how long did you think it would last?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.