Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
never ender
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but is Oyster Point rideable as a loop? From the official map it looks like the trail connects Blackhawk Ridge and Knobcone Point, going through some private property along the way, but most of the posts I've read seem to describe the trail as an out-and-back to the property line. If it really is a loop, which is the best direction to ride it?

·
Registered
640 Posts
fat_weasel said:
Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but is Oyster Point rideable as a loop? From the official map it looks like the trail connects Blackhawk Ridge and Knobcone Point, going through some private property along the way, but most of the posts I've read seem to describe the trail as an out-and-back to the property line. If it really is a loop, which is the best direction to ride it?
It is way better as an out and back. The fire road that goes through the private property is really steep and the cows make a mess of it.

·
Ride More - Suffer Less
2,910 Posts
This is a fun ride if you connect the singletrack descent from Blackhawk Ridge Rd. toward Oyter Point. It is a good 30 minutes of twisties with a few climbs. This is one of my favorite rides....there is a singletrack shortcut on the Private section that connects you closer to BR Rd. I would try to describe it to you but I have not ridden this since last year and would need a fresh ride in my head to do so...

You can also loop back on fire roads from Finley.

Sometimes I will park my truck at Finley Rd and get a ride back into Danville. Pedal to Dan Cook, Summit Trail to Curry to Oyter and pop out on Finley...

I have even looped back on the asphalt ( Camino Tassajara ) before but dont recommend this...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.