Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Slow Guy
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be in Greensboro tomorrow on business, but I will be able to slip away by 4 or 4:30 for a couple of laps at Owl's Roost.

Anyone else up for it?

element

·
Registered Dietitian
1,731 Posts
Sorry I saw this too late...

element said:
I am going to be in Greensboro tomorrow on business, but I will be able to slip away by 4 or 4:30 for a couple of laps at Owl's Roost.

Anyone else up for it?

element
...I live here in Greensboro (about 2 miles from Owl's Roost), let me know next time you're in town and we'll hit the trails.

Tommy

·
Registered
33 Posts
lou

hey element!

i'm lou
will be living in greensboro pretty soon

let me know if you ever want to ride

Lou

element said:

Anyone else up for it?

element

·
Registered
33 Posts
lou

tommy,

what's up?

i will be moving to greensboro in a few weeks
thanks

Lou

tommyrod74 said:
...I live here in Greensboro (about 2 miles from Owl's Roost), let me know next time you're in town and we'll hit the trails.

Tommy

·
Slow Guy
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
loukiko said:
hey element!

i'm lou
will be living in greensboro pretty soon

Lou
Lou-

I live in Hickory, but work brings me to that area often...I will post when I will be able to ride. Usually it is around 4 or 5 o'clock.

element

·
Registered
33 Posts
sounds good

thanks
Lou

element said:
Lou-

I live in Hickory, but work brings me to that area often...I will post when I will be able to ride. Usually it is around 4 or 5 o'clock.

element

·
Registered
33 Posts
hi element,

I'm looking to ride some crazy trails in pisgah this weekend - 9/11-9/12
we know a mutual acquaintance (landy griffin) and he tells me you like the crazy stuff
let me know if you want to ride this weekend
[email protected]

973-801--6500
336-595-8608
thanks
Lou

·
Slow Guy
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This weekend

Lou-

Thanks for the invite. I will ride just about anything, but I don't rightly recall Landy Griffin, so it may be a case of mistaken identity.

I heard on the radio that there has been some flooding in western NC, especially the Asheville area. They also mentioned a mud slide closing parts of I-40 by Old Fort. Will the trails even be rideable by this weekend?

If they are, then I am interested. I may have some family obligations to take care of. I haven't been riding that much lately...I guess nobody has with Hurricane Frances doing her thing. Bottom line is: I don't know if I will be able to, but I will let you know.

element

loukiko said:
hi element,

I'm looking to ride some crazy trails in pisgah this weekend - 9/11-9/12
we know a mutual acquaintance (landy griffin) and he tells me you like the crazy stuff
let me know if you want to ride this weekend
[email protected]

973-801--6500
336-595-8608
thanks
Lou

·
Registered
33 Posts
ride

element,

you are definitely right about the bad weather thing and it does suck for sure
i hope people are safe out there
perhaps this weekend will not work out, but if it dries out & the roads are passable, i'm up to riding some crazy trails
em: [email protected]
cell 973-801-6500

btw, i was mistaken about landy griffin - it was someone else who knows him

let me know about riding

Lou

element said:
Lou-

Thanks for the invite. I will ride just about anything, but I don't rightly recall Landy Griffin, so it may be a case of mistaken identity.

I heard on the radio that there has been some flooding in western NC, especially the Asheville area. They also mentioned a mud slide closing parts of I-40 by Old Fort. Will the trails even be rideable by this weekend?

If they are, then I am interested. I may have some family obligations to take care of. I haven't been riding that much lately...I guess nobody has with Hurricane Frances doing her thing. Bottom line is: I don't know if I will be able to, but I will let you know.

element

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Trails will NOT be rideable. Black Mountain had 17inches of rain by 9am this morning, and it's rained all day, it's raining right now, Biltmore Village is 6 FEET underwater, city water is getting shut off, they released the floodgates on the reservoir, etc. etc. It's going to take a lot longer than 3 days to dry out from this...Peace, Mike

·
Registered
33 Posts
thanks man

hey mike!!
holy ****!!! i did not know it was that bad
out of respect for the trails, i will be staying off them this weekend

if you ever want to ride, drop me a line
em: [email protected]
i hope people are safe out there
think dry thoughts

Mike Brown said:
Trails will NOT be rideable. Black Mountain had 17inches of rain by 9am this morning, and it's rained all day, it's raining right now, Biltmore Village is 6 FEET underwater, city water is getting shut off, they released the floodgates on the reservoir, etc. etc. It's going to take a lot longer than 3 days to dry out from this...Peace, Mike

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
upstatemedicrider said:
I wonder how Dupont will be this weekend. Anybody have any edumacated ideas?
I would call Sycamore Cycles and ask them for the educmacted opinion, but odds are greatly in favor of it totally suckin a**. I cannot begin to describe how much rain we had Tues-Weds- we've already pretty much decided this will be a good weekend to put in the road training miles. Peace, Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts