Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a new bike. Side walk tested an sb5 and sb130. Initial impressions at the time a month ago were that I liked the sb5 better I think because the frame is less stretched out I am 5’8 with shorter arms.

Based on the above I was interested in the sb5.5 can’t find a good deal on the sb5 anymore. I was drawn to the competitive cyclist deal on the x01 build which was $4.7k. Then I found out they will swap components and give you credit for parts you swap. I feel like I am heading down the slippery slope on and old frame. Now I am over $6k.

My build is below. Should I go with this build or revert back to the x01 stock build on competitive cyclist for under $5k. Alternatively I could do the gx sb130 and make a few upgrades. I don’t want to stretch the x01 sb130 build.

Thanks for your input.

Yeti SB5.5 Turq Series Raw

Fox Racing 36 Float 29 160 Grip 2 Boost

Industry Nine hydra enduros upgraded

Sram Code RSC Brakes

Sram X01 Eagle 12 Speed derailleur OE

Renthal Fatbar Carbon 35 20mm rise upgraded

Rental Apex Stem 50mm upgraded

Fox Factory Dropper Post 125mm upgraded

Ergon GE1 Evo Factory Grip upgraded

Ergon SM Pro Saddle upgraded

TruVativ Descendant Carbon Eagle DUB crankset Boost 170 / 32t

Cane Creek 40 series ZS 56/40 headset OE

Sram dub pressfit bottom bracket

Sram X01 Eagle 12 Speed Shifter OE

Sram X01 Eagle 12 Speed Chain OE X01 Eagle

Sram XG-1295 Eagle 12 Speed cassette OE 10-50t

Maxxis Minion DHF Wide Trail 3C 29 x 2.5. 3c upgraded

Maxxis Agressor EXO/TR 29 x 2.3 DC upgraded

SRAM centerline 200mm upgraded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will most of these components carry over to a new frame in 3 years or so? Or will the industry have adapted new “standards” by then.

I guess the big thing that comes to mind is spending $1k on I-9 wheels with the new hydra hubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.