Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SamIAm
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i do alot of agressive xc runs usually shorter than an hour or so and some freeride stuff. theres not alot of freeride stuff round here and my bike is a fat bastard. the wheelset is insane.

Wheelset Components <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Hubset <o:p></o:p>
Formula 20mm Thru Axle Disc Ft Cassette Disc Rr; Sealed Bearing 32h<o:p></o:p>

Rim<o:p></o:p>
Sun Single Track SL1 32h<o:p></o:p>

Spokes <o:p></o:p>
Black Stainless Steel 14g<o:p></o:p>

Tires<o:p></o:p>
Maxxis Minion DH 2.5 <o:p></o:p>

its sooo heavy, but is it overkill. the most i do is maybe 5 to flat tops and that isnt that much. and some tranny drops and stuff but there arnt that many. the wheelset is really heavy and i can live with it for now. but if i cant find some land to make some trails on i think i want to ditch the rims and get something lighter. i dont know how much weight i can save or what but also the DH minions.....how much less durrable is the race versions or like some WTB timberwolf. they are alot lighter.

one last thing. how much more durrable is the DH tubes really than normal tubes?

·
bored
168 Posts
DH tubes are more pinch-flat resistant, because they're thicker. You want all the strength you can get for 5' to flat, but other than that, I think the bike is perhaps a little on the overkill side, but I really wouldn't worry about it. You couldn't shave more than a couple pounds without seriously compromising strength, although buying some Rhyno Lites might be a good idea, assuming you would take it easy on the drops to flat.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Tully is right, just ride the bike. Besides you will gain strength riding a heavier bike. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.