Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is this? I've been trying to follow the directions on the Mavic website and can't get the FTS-L freewheel body off. Seems I need a "hub wrench" that I don't have and still wouldn't know how to use. Is this something best left to professionals?

The reason I'm doing this is the hub is catching and pushing the pedals around when I coast. Obviously I can stop this by stepping on the pedals, but it still flexes the chain, which I understand represents a need for an overhaul.

Any insights would be most appreciated!!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
If it is in any way similar to the FTS-X, pull the spacer from the non-drive side. 5mm allen key from drive side. 10mm allen key from non drive. undo the drive side from the non-drive. Pull the freehub body off and catch the pawls.

·
LBS Manager
1,918 Posts
scarsellone said:
Sure beats tring to get help at the LBS. They did not even want to look at it!
Thanks
Hey that's not true I offered to do it for you and show you how to do it so you could yourself in the future. You must be talking about that other LBS you deal with ;) .

·
Registered
421 Posts
Your right John. I brought it to that other LBS before mentioning it to you. They looked at it & said not to worry about it! I have not had a chance to meet up with you, but the Video made it easy to see how it was done!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.