Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
This place needs an enema
Joined
·
15,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long past time for a temporary cease fire on the geeking out on grams and/or snitty nitpicking.

It's (close enough to) the weekend for a stoke thread. Ride shots only please, and anyone caught geeking out and asking tech questions gets caned by Francois. This place needs to open up the windows and air out a bit...

My contributions:



























Good weekend, y'all.

MC
 

·
HMFIC
Joined
·
370 Posts
Nice photos Mike, thanks for the reminder that this is what it's really all about. I'll try to snap some this weekend and post 'em up, the boy and I are gonna hit some good 'ol Michigan singletrack. I can't wait (to try and keep up with him...) !!
 

·
Category Winner
Joined
·
6,081 Posts
As an act of solidarity and happy ridership I'll add to the thread. This was taken by Pisgah Productions (Eric W) a few weeks ago in Pisgah. I'm loving the big wheels, and...
oops I was about to get snitty and start nitpicking.
Here's the shot with no further nits.
 

Attachments

·
recognize the slowness
Joined
·
483 Posts
couldn't resist

really disappointed you couldn't clear the part in the one pic where it is an off cambered rock garden climb that pushes you under the boulder...geez that's weak..:rolleyes:

I never remember the camera on rides, I need to try to though.:)

Seriously, those types of pics get us all inspired to ride!!

Thanks Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
485 Posts
this is me rushing to transition in a team relay race in PA. 4 hrs long, 15 min laps, 4 person teams only. Anybody lower than Expert is handicaped with points. Great time. Off and on driving snow all day. 40 degrees.
 

Attachments

·
No longer 26
Joined
·
3,090 Posts
Thanks all for the pics. No pics to add but I am playing hooky this afternoon to finally get a real ride in on my Supercal 29er. Taking it out to the Southern Kettles WI hopefully a full loop ride. These pics are increasing the stoke even more!

Ta'
Happy Friday!
G
 

·
Category Winner
Joined
·
6,081 Posts
edemtbs said:
The only game worth playing on the 29'er board....

Ed E
Oooooh.
I did not need to see a close up of Dave's fixed disc Phil Wood hub. I've been tossing around the idea of doing La Ruta fixed, and that hub is making me think about going to the darkside.
I keep coming back to the brake/no brake issue. I need to cut myself off from his blog till I get my head cleared. The man is clearly a very bad influence. Keep your children away from him (unless they like their liquor).
 

·
3327333
Joined
·
2,856 Posts
teamdicky said:
Oooooh.
I did not need to see a close up of Dave's fixed disc Phil Wood hub. I've been tossing around the idea of doing La Ruta fixed, and that hub is making me think about going to the darkside.
I keep coming back to the brake/no brake issue. I need to cut myself off from his blog till I get my head cleared. The man is clearly a very bad influence. Keep your children away from him (unless they like their liquor).
Heh-heh, you're not tough unless you do La Ruta fixed, rigid, flat pedals, no brakes AND nothing but Stranahans in your water bottle.

dicky keeps on slippin', slippin' slippin' into the ....future?

Ed E
 

Attachments

·
giddy up!
Joined
·
3,249 Posts
edemtbs said:
Heh-heh, you're not tough unless you do La Ruta fixed, rigid, flat pedals, no brakes AND nothing but Stranahans in your water bottle.

dicky keeps on slippin', slippin' slippin' into the ....future?

Ed E
Dang.....Tommy Knocker.....I love that stuff. Particularily the Maple Nut Brown. Someday a California distributor will pick that stuff up....and life will be good.

B
 

·
Needed Less ~ Did More
Joined
·
1,012 Posts
From Hell of the North Cotswolds last weekend (first two) and the weekend before in the Forest of Dean on some nice singletrack Becca found (and was steeper than the photos show!)

Have a great weekend guys+gals

Alex
 

·
Mmmmmm Beer!
Joined
·
617 Posts
donkey said:
Dang.....Tommy Knocker.....I love that stuff. Particularily the Maple Nut Brown. Someday a California distributor will pick that stuff up....and life will be good.

B
Hey Brian,

Try Hollingshead's in Orange. They have access to just about anything.
 

·
i heart singletrack
Joined
·
1,553 Posts
rryyddeerr said:
this is me rushing to transition in a team relay race in PA. 4 hrs long, 15 min laps, 4 person teams only. Anybody lower than Expert is handicaped with points. Great time. Off and on driving snow all day. 40 degrees.
Nice bike... Looks like you and I have similar taste in bikes! The Salsa/Mary bar combo is one fine handling setup!

Cheers,
MG
 

Attachments

·
'Calm Down'
Joined
·
853 Posts
Did someone say Phil Wood Fixed...
I know it's not a disk hub, but Mikesee did build the wheelset.

I'll work on getting some ride photos this weekend to add to this thread. :thumbsup:

jw



teamdicky said:
Oooooh.
I did not need to see a close up of Dave's fixed disc Phil Wood hub. I've been tossing around the idea of doing La Ruta fixed, and that hub is making me think about going to the darkside.
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top