Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the widest tire can fit? Was wondering if a 2.4 could be mounted. I don’t have the bike yet so I can’t check myself. It comes stock with a 2.2

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle fork

I'm loving the bike. Very light and nimble compared to my Niner RIP. I've been riding it hard. First thing I did was put a Diamond DVO fork on and Maxxis Ardent 2.4s. Quite a bargain for $1399

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It’s an improvement in every way IMO. Some would argue that it messes the geometry up. I cannot provide a link on the fork. I got on clearance last year 50% off from Jenson. Probably won’t ever see them on sale for that price again. Bought two for that price. It’s a Diamond DVO 150mm and it’s just a badass fork.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The ride can’t be compared to the RIP because one is a hard tail and the other is a 170mm full suspension. But I can say the Diamondback is way more capable on the trail with the DVO fork. The tires have plenty of clearance but I wouldn’t want to go any bigger

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ah cool - I have the honey badgers still on but I bought Nobby Nic 2.25 for the rear and a 2.35 for the front, I'm surprised the 2.4s fit and so that is good to know. I have a Catch 2 and Mission Pro here as well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought this same bike and it is scheduled for delivery later this week. How are the stock Blanchard wheels? I assume that for the price they are heavy. Any other thoughts after riding it for two months?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry that I never responded to your questions buckwam. I’m just now seeing this. The stock wheels are holding up good to be just stock cheap wheels. I would love to put a set of carbon wheels on, but as long as these Blanchard’s hold up, I’ll stick with em. I’ve been riding this bike a lot harder than I intended to, mostly because it’s proved itself capable and durable. I ride it about as much as I do my full suspension bikes. It’s light weight and climbs like a billygoat. Still loving it. How are you liking yours?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.