Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my bike a while ago and I rode it for a solid week pretty hard. I knew there'd be pain because I hadn't rode in a long time but I ignored it. Then I ended up injuring my right wrist from some singletrack littered with rocks and roots. I decided I'd take a day off then. So I do that and then the next day my wrist still hurts and whenever I stretch my legs I get pretty bad pain that lasts a few seconds and then stops. The pain when I stretch my legs is similar to the pain when climbing a steep hill. I decide to take more days off. Now after around 6 or so days off my wrist still hurts and my legs still hurt when I stretch them. Any ideas? I didn't think either would have lasted this long.

·
Registered
78 Posts
dissonance said:
I got my bike a while ago and I rode it for a solid week pretty hard. I knew there'd be pain because I hadn't rode in a long time but I ignored it. Then I ended up injuring my right wrist from some singletrack littered with rocks and roots. I decided I'd take a day off then. So I do that and then the next day my wrist still hurts and whenever I stretch my legs I get pretty bad pain that lasts a few seconds and then stops. The pain when I stretch my legs is similar to the pain when climbing a steep hill. I decide to take more days off. Now after around 6 or so days off my wrist still hurts and my legs still hurt when I stretch them. Any ideas? I didn't think either would have lasted this long.
Honestly, this sounds normal to me. When I was in highschool, I felt like this for weeks every year when football practice started every year. You go from not doing a whole lot for a few months to running miles at a time and getting hit and tackled. I would hurt for long periods of time. I would say get back in the saddle and take it easy. Just go every couple days.

As far as the wrist goes. Sounds like a sprain to me. Just wrap it up before you go out.

·
suck it trebeK
418 Posts
Yeah, it's like going to the gym to lift weights after you haven't for a while. Your whole body aches for like 2 weeks or more!

·
Registered
121 Posts
ice everything and stretch... and sometimes the mind set "walk it out" sometimes works for me cuz going out on a easy ride sometimes loosens everything up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts