Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Saw that and they may be trying to catch up with the American manufacturers now who have been recally faulty engines for decades...and far more. I think Ford hit 4.5 million with just one recall of faulty wiring causing engine fires. It is dissapointing to see Toyota slipping, though I have personal interest in Subaru. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Flyer said:
Saw that and they may be trying to catch up with the American manufacturers now who have been recally faulty engines for decades...and far more. I think Ford hit 4.5 million with just one recall of faulty wiring causing engine fires. It is dissapointing to see Toyota slipping, though I have personal interest in Subaru. :)
ford has actually been kicking the crap out of everyone in terms of quality and product these days. subaru had massive engine failures across the board with the first 2009 WRX's BTW :)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Good thing I have a Forester; not a WRX. :)

Ford has recalled around 4.5 million. These guys have some huge recalls but somehow, even with millions recalled, we rarely hear about them...not sure why they are not more publisized. I can understand a few thousand but hundreds of thousands and millions? Does the DOT just fine them and move on?

I'd still buy a Toyota, though the 4Runner, Landcruiser, and maybe the Sequoia are the only vehicles I'd consider. For those big trips, I ended up buying a used Suburban and it has been great so far though I don't drive it every day.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Not to mention...

Killertofu said:
ford has actually been kicking the crap out of everyone in terms of quality and product these days. subaru had massive engine failures across the board with the first 2009 WRX's BTW :)
All of those subie engines with head gasket failures in the mid 90s through 2000-ish. Could be wrong on the end date, but its therebouts.

The revised head gaskets were reliable, tho.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.