Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard this NPR piece a while back. (Click the "listen" link. Supports both Real Audio or Windoze players.) Reading through the boards makes me think that some of you guys should listen to it too. :p

Now I'm off to eBay to make some poorly considered purchases: I'm a smart shopper. :D

·
Time flies...
2,206 Posts
Good point...

...I was just talking about this w/ someone yesterday! I can't tell you how much $$ I've spent on parts & gear that I never knew I needed until I read about it here...

...speaking of that, I hope my new bash guard shows up soon! :thumbsup:

...trying to decide just how bad I really need that RFX frame and GD post as well...

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Dude what analysis?

tscheezy said:
I heard this NPR piece a while back. (Click the "listen" link. Supports both Real Audio or Windoze players.) Reading through the boards makes me think that some of you guys should listen to it too. :p

Now I'm off to eBay to make some poorly considered purchases: I'm a smart shopper. :D
Cheese,
We are bike addicts. We do not overanalyze. We just buy it, and if it is the latest stuff, we will try it. I just spent close to $500 on shifters and derailleur (both XO). There was more analysis around keeping it secret from the wife than analyzing the part or why am I buying this.....

So I guess I made the right decision. My gut feel was telling me "hey you need XO stuff, xtr sucks" and Whalah! There they are. It was like looking at diamonds...

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Homebrew said:
So instead of chatting ad nauseum about the part de jour, we should just pick something, go ride and enjoy life? :confused: :skep:
Not that, specifically, but definitely also not farming the issue out to a gaggle of homers whose main job it seems to be to overanalyze/argue endlessly about the part in question for you...

Newb- "Help! I'm needing a new whatchamawhizbang for my Spot!"

Chorus of Homers- "Well......"

:D

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
I changed my fork oil from blue to pink.

My rides are more emotionally satisfying.

·
Daniel the Dog
6,764 Posts
That is funny coming from NPR

tscheezy said:

But, back to biking, parts now a days are so good! So good! For example, I briefly rode an Azonic FR frame that other days and thought it really rocked. It had Hayes brakes that rocked too. National Pathetic Radio :)

Jaybo

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
tscheezy said:
Not that, specifically, but definitely also not farming the issue out to a gaggle of homers whose main job it seems to be to overanalyze/argue endlessly about the part in question for you...

Newb- "Help! I'm needing a new whatchamawhizbang for my Spot!"

Chorus of Homers- "Well......"

:D
well.......... if we didnt do that, what we we do all damn day? i live for that crap but you knew that already. didnt ya? didnt ya?!

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
jncarpenter said:
...yeah, that's rediculous! Now....on the other hand, deciding what new finish for that part in need of a loving refurb ;)
I think that was aimed at me!

I normally ask after I have made my impulse decision and it's usually to late to change it anyway:D

·
Registered
456 Posts
I just finished reading a book called "Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking". It was written by Malcolm Gladwell. It makes the very same point in greater detail. Good read.
M.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.