Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think I read a similar study regarding professional cyclists. I don't find it that surprising though. How can adding exercise without restraint always be beneficial?

There is no "more is better" ad infinitum with anything. Healthy food, vitamins, water, exercise...none of it. There is a sweet spot where you have maximized life expectancy and quality of life. It will be different for every person, but most will fall in the bell. Try to find where you are. I know, you're special, you're on the fringe. Probably not :p

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I read a similar study regarding professional cyclists. I don't find it that surprising though. How can adding exercise without restraint always be beneficial?

There is no "more is better" ad infinitum with anything. Healthy food, vitamins, water, exercise...none of it. There is a sweet spot where you have maximized life expectancy and quality of life. It will be different for every person, but most will fall in the bell. Try to find where you are. I know, you're special, you're on the fringe. Probably not :p
so basically if you're not doing ultra endurance stuff where you're biking for multiple days straight without any sleep you'll be alright? :)

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
As usual, more crap journalism. There is almost no information in this article. No real numbers or statistics. For instance, how much longer are the moderate runners living than the long distance runners and couch potatoes? A week? A year? A day? Also, is it possible that there are some ultra distance runners that are skewing the statistics? Maybe it's unhealthy to run 100 miles at a time? (Possible example, the mysterious death of Michah True). Or maybe Type A people are drawn towards long distance running and they naturally die younger from stress?

I get so tired of these lame articles about the latest thing that's bad for you. Next week it will be found that long distance running not only makes you live longer, it makes you smarter and sexier. Ugh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.