Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go get yourself a cold one, or make a sandwich as you wait for the pictures to load, if you have a slow connection.

My day started early. I was on the bike by 7am. My mom had decided she was going to ride her bike to work. Her commute is 20km one way from Niagara Falls to Niagara on the Lake. She wanted company, so i joined her. I have no pictures from that trip, but I really enjoyed the quiet country roads in the morning sun. After she arrived, i turned around, and headed back. 40km done before 10am.

My sister wanted to go for a ride in St. Catharines, as did I. She chose to drive, and save her energy for the trails, whereas I decided to ride ~19km to the trails. We probably rode ~25-30km. Then, I rode back from St. Catharines to Niagara Falls.

And now for the good stuff. Pictures!

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
met up with sister

I arrived

smiles

Finally, some MTB content for you all

coming to the top of a slippery hill

brother and sister

splashing through the mud

snack time

the bikes

Happy Canada Day everyone :)

Disclaimer. As you can see, I rode my CX bike. That worked out really well for me, as it helped me tone down my riding a little bit. It brought my ability level closer to my sister's, which made it easier to ride together more. On the MTB I have more of a tendency to pull ahead a lot more on the downhills and singletrack.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Awesome. Looks like a blast.

One section in there looks like a gravel bit from Tour of Pelham (is it the same place I am thinking of?). I don't know the area too well.

Nice day to spend with family too!

A group of us decided to ride a lap of the Hydrocut today with a bunch of people from Sport Swap that came to join us. One guy was doing his first ever MTB ride which was awesome and of course we had great weather for it. Some of us wanted some more afterwards so we stopped off at Puslinch on the way home and spent another 2 hours in there enjoying a selection of linked together trails, courtesy of garage monster, our master tour guide.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nspace said:
One section in there looks like a gravel bit from Tour of Pelham (is it the same place I am thinking of?). I don't know the area too well.
I'm having a hard time recalling the ToP course. I keep thinking of the Squeezer. Regardless, we rode in some of the same areas that were used in the ToP.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nspace said:
I just remember doing a short steep climb out of an area of wooded singletrack onto a raised area of gravel/rail trail that goes around the edge of the lake. I have a clear vision of this area in my mind because that was just about where I started hurling!
Ok, sounds about right. It would be the same "lake" then.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Great pictures ... thanks for sharing them rkj__.

After Monday's long rainy drive to/from London and the muddy Boler experience, I went to Albion on Sunday and it was just beautiful. Finally a really nice day with no rain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.