Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

681 - 700 of 1226 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
I got one of mine without having to sign, the other one I had to sign for it. Not sure why the difference as they were shipped the same way, but the local post office handled them differently.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just installed the chainring and it looks great.

But, I have a Shimano XT 2x10 crank and was running a SRAM PC1 chain and on the narrow part of the chainring, it's rubbing. I'm figuring I will need a narrower chain, but am not sure which type of chain I can should get 8, 9 or 10 speed.

Anyone else experience this problem and which chain worked best?

Thanks.

·
Registered
640 Posts

But, I have a Shimano XT 2x10 crank and was running a SRAM PC1 chain and on the narrow part of the chainring, it's rubbing. I'm figuring I will need a narrower chain, but am not sure which type of chain I can should get 8, 9 or 10 speed.

Thanks.
You may need some chainring spacers, to move it away from the crank. This will also give you a better chainline!

Reactions: t3mplar

·
Armature speller
Unit, Anthem, Stumpy, Secteur
3,790 Posts

Thanks.
Where is it rubbing?

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Yes, 32T. So I should be good with a 9 speed chain. Thanks!
I would suggest a decent 8 speed chain from SRAM. They are stronger and cheaper than the 9 speed versions. That's all I run and have had great luck. I tried a PC1 once, never again!

I'm not sure how close it is, but the 9 speed will be a little narrower and may give you more clearance.

·
Armature speller
3,790 Posts
I would suggest a decent 8 speed chain from SRAM. They are stronger and cheaper than the 9 speed versions. That's all I run and have had great luck. I tried a PC1 once, never again!

I'm not sure how close it is, but the 9 speed will be a little narrower and may give you more clearance.
The 8 speed is too wide for the gap between the ring and crank arm.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got a Kona single speed I would like to put these sprockets on. Right now I'm geared 36-18 and would like to know what the biggest front sprocket is I can buy, then I can figure out what rear wheel sprocket I need. Will the rear sprockets fit my rear wheel? I just got this bike, I've been riding cruisers, not very familiar with this style bike. Thanks for any help, Dave.

·
Armature speller
3,790 Posts
I've got a Kona single speed I would like to put these sprockets on. Right now I'm geared 36-18 and would like to know what the biggest front sprocket is I can buy, then I can figure out what rear wheel sprocket I need. Will the rear sprockets fit my rear wheel? I just got this bike, I've been riding cruisers, not very familiar with this style bike. Thanks for any help, Dave.
The 34t front and a 17 rear would have a similar feel.
I would try with just adding the 34 first.
I'm running 32/21 on my Unit, but it's geared for the hills.

·
Armature speller
3,790 Posts
Got my 34 and 32 direct from AbsoluteBlack. The rear cogs from the local bike shop.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Any one receive they're February 5th shipment on the east coast? I got the shipping notice with an invalid tracking number. I can understand some delay with weather, but this is starting to get ridiculous.

681 - 700 of 1226 Posts