Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all...

I'm registering for The Dirty Dozen race in Warda, TX on Jan 21st and could use some insider info. See, I'm from NJ and want to get an early season race under my belt in a warmer climate. I've never been to TX and have no idea what the riding is like... nor what the race course is typically like.

I'm used to Northeast technical singletrack: roots rocks mud etc...

I typically run Stan's NoTubes and rarely worry about thorns up here. I also typically run a beefy tire to handle the terrain. I assume I might have to change my setup a bit, so any info about the location and the trails etc would be greatly appreciated!!!

TIA

·
Got Mojo?
1,190 Posts
bubbrubb said:
Hi y'all...

I'm registering for The Dirty Dozen race in Warda, TX on Jan 21st and could use some insider info. See, I'm from NJ and want to get an early season race under my belt in a warmer climate. I've never been to TX and have no idea what the riding is like... nor what the race course is typically like.

I'm used to Northeast technical singletrack: roots rocks mud etc...

I typically run Stan's NoTubes and rarely worry about thorns up here. I also typically run a beefy tire to handle the terrain. I assume I might have to change my setup a bit, so any info about the location and the trails etc would be greatly appreciated!!!

TIA
Warda.....

Piney woods, singletrack, sandy, gentle climbs..... no thorns.

It is a very nice course for 32:16 SS.

You going solo or looking for a team? Lemme know, I have a large group of friends going out. They could take on another rider or possibly help with support.

Post up or email me...

alan AT bikemojo DOT com

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
excellent man, thanks a bunch for the info!

I'm riding SS (32-18) for the winter, but go fully geared when the weather warms.

I'll be in the solo division, i need to make some early season hurt happen to prepare for some late season 24hr solo goals ;)

I would love to pit w/ some locals... since I'm flying in I won't be carrying more than some really basic tools... Access to a stand or even just a common area would be great. In the 2 races I did last year I was solo & unsupported and it wasn't what I'd call "fun" when the going got rough.

I'll hit you up w/ an email inthe near future. Thanks again
~rubb

·
Got Mojo?
1,190 Posts
bubbrubb said:
excellent man, thanks a bunch for the info!

I'm riding SS (32-18) for the winter, but go fully geared when the weather warms.

I'll be in the solo division, i need to make some early season hurt happen to prepare for some late season 24hr solo goals ;)

I would love to pit w/ some locals... since I'm flying in I won't be carrying more than some really basic tools... Access to a stand or even just a common area would be great. In the 2 races I did last year I was solo & unsupported and it wasn't what I'd call "fun" when the going got rough.

I'll hit you up w/ an email inthe near future. Thanks again
~rubb
bring your 16T cog....

I would suggest that you run the 16T for the first few laps then gearing down when you need it later.

Stand and common area (in the least) should not be a problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.