Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've been having pain in the lower part of my legs for too many rides now. I have to do something about it ASAP and I need your help and advice...

Its the outside of my legs (don't even know what its called), its not really my calves or shins. It start at or just above the ankles and radiates up from there.

I thought it might be do to hydration, but that's stupid because I never hydrate well (always drinking Diet Cokes). I have had the same pedals (Frogs) on all my bikes for over 5 years, so its not the pedals. I did switch shoes, but that seem like a while ago. I figure it must be cleat placement. I have been SSing more and more lately, its about all I've been doing. I'm sure that it is worse because of that, but I doubt that SSing is actually the problem. So it must be either the shoes and or the cleat placement right???

The cleats are in the forward set of bolt holes, but pushed towards the rear as far as they go. The shoes are Specialized mtn Comps with 3 straps. The pedals are Speedplay Frogs.

Can someone help me? PLEASE??? I'm in pain...

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
First thing that comes to mind is cleat placement.
If you have little pedal contact which causes your foot to roll slightly you get this kind of pain you described.
You also need to look at your natural gate"position of your feet when standing"and try to duplicate this on your pedals.
My heel comes within a 16th of on inch of my chainstay on my right foot but has to be like this to eliminate the pain.

Get a cheep pair of flats and try for awhile,it may give you an idea of what the culprit is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.