Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Nothing can stop me now
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone planning on doing this besides DT? I have this sinking feeling that there will not be enough demos to go around for this event. Am I too pessimistic?

Bob
 

·
Nothing can stop me now
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well. There is some limit to the amount of "riders" that go to the demos at Interbike (ie only supposed to be industry types) and there are stories of long waits for bikes there. Opening the same type of event to the general public with no limits to the numbers of riders...

Just my feel from perusing the website. Hope that I am wrong. I hope to be at the THC the Wednesday before anyway...

Bob
 

·
Big Wheel Homer !!
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
From what I understand there are only a limited amount of passes available to riders for $150. That price gets you demo bikes for all 4 days, lunch and whatever alse may be going on. I'll be there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
607 Posts
Is outerbike, and interbike for that matter, open to the public in any way ? Is there any way to get in if your not in the industry ?
 

·
Big Wheel Homer !!
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
nightofthefleming said:
Is outerbike, and interbike for that matter, open to the public in any way ? Is there any way to get in if your not in the industry ?
Interbike is only open to folks in the industry, Outerbike is open to anyone (with the number of people limited) that is willing to pay $150.
 

·
Nothing can stop me now
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cruzthepug said:
Interbike is only open to folks in the industry, Outerbike is open to anyone (with the number of people limited) that is willing to pay $150.

CTP can you point me to where it states that there is a limit to the number of riders? I could not find in on the Outerbike website or in any of the three press reports.

Thanks,
Bob aka Debbie Downer ("I want so much to believe")
 

·
Big Wheel Homer !!
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
bobo_krkk_NIN said:
CTP can you point me to where it states that there is a limit to the number of riders? I could not find in on the Outerbike website or in any of the three press reports.

Thanks,
Bob aka Debbie Downer ("I want so much to believe")
I don't see it on there either. I remember when SSinGA I signed up in Febuary it saying there where only a limited number of spaces, that's the reason we went ahead and signed up then. I hope it hasn't changed, I'll ask SS if that's what he remembers when he gets back in town on Tuesday.

Have you tried to contact Outerbike?
 

·
Big Wheel Homer !!
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
I found this thread for what it's worth:

Outerbike 2010

"word has it following soon after the fiasco that is Interbike in Vegas, there's going to be an 'Outerbike' in Moab. you've heard the horror stories of how impossible it is to demo a decent bike at Interbike and how crappy the Bootleg Canyon trails can be... how about a rider-limited demo-fest, catered and on the sweet trails of Moab? "
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
From Outerbike's web site (http://outerbike.com/)

"Which bike do you want to ride? All the best companies are bringing their demo bikes to Moab September 30 to October 3. That’s right semi’s full of brand new 2011 models for you to drool over. Check out the list below. And attendance to Outerbike will be capped to make sure there are plenty of bikes."
 

·
Nothing can stop me now
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kenrow said:
From Outerbike's web site (http://outerbike.com/)

"Which bike do you want to ride? All the best companies are bringing their demo bikes to Moab September 30 to October 3. That’s right semi’s full of brand new 2011 models for you to drool over. Check out the list below. And attendance to Outerbike will be capped to make sure there are plenty of bikes."
There it is. Right in front of my face. I was looking for an actual number like limited to 400 riders. I guess I don't mind waiting for a free demo, but when I pay money I would be a bit grouchy if I had to wait for one of the two large sultans at the demo for example.

I hope I am wrong. I will definitely bring my bike with me....

Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Does anyone know the details about the trails that can be accessed on the demos at Outerbike? The home page of the Outerbike site lists the Bar M, but the press release mentions Slickrock and Sovereign also.

I'll be on my honeymoon in Moab that week, but I didn't know anything about Outerbike when we chose our travel dates. (Yes, I have a very cool fiancee for suggesting we go to Moab for our honeymoon. :D ) We're weighing rentals of road/MTB v. the $150 for the four days of Outerbike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
607 Posts
To those of you going to outerbike, are you going to bring your bike with you? It seems like a good idea so you could ride once the demo is over for the day or if you get over the demo and just want to go ride, but what would you do with your bike while your demoing another bike?

And this might be a very stupid question, but its something I was thinking about, do you bring your own pedals and shoes with you? Just curious since i have never been to something like this before.

Thanks for your replies in advance
 

·
Big Wheel Homer !!
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
nightofthefleming said:
To those of you going to outerbike, are you going to bring your bike with you? It seems like a good idea so you could ride once the demo is over for the day or if you get over the demo and just want to go ride, but what would you do with your bike while your demoing another bike?

And this might be a very stupid question, but its something I was thinking about, do you bring your own pedals and shoes with you? Just curious since i have never been to something like this before.

Thanks for your replies in advance
No Bike...that's one of the reasons for going, not having to worry about getting my bike across the country. I'm sure you'll need your pedals, shoes and a helmet.
 

·
Semi Pro Amateur (24hour)
Joined
·
3 Posts
I will be there and it looks like a lot of fun, I am bringing my own toys as well and I'm sure you can lock bikes near the demo area. I want to say most the bikes will have flats equipped for the weekend as most do at interbike, but they may swap the parts. This is so new and will be huge I see it leading to bigger and better bike weeks for all of us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Outerbike Update

Outerbike is open to the public. You don't have to be in the bike industry to go. And we are capping registration to make sure there are plenty of bikes! No need to bring your own bike--we got you covered, but no problem if you do. We suggest that you bring your own pedals, helmets, and hydration pack.

As to the actual number of participants, last week we added 3 new exhibitors, so the number of bikes available keeps going up. We don't have a final number yet, but we are monitoring this closely to make sure you won't have to wait for bikes.

And about the trails, there are five short loops from the event site at the BAR M (a new one is being built right now) and we will be running shuttles to a different trail every day every 20 minutes. So if you want to take a bike to Amasa Back or the Slickrock etc., you will have that chance.

And the BIG NEWS is that we are running a pre-event raffle.Our sponsors have given us a truck load of stuff to give to you, and we are holding a pre-event raffle. The prizes will include a Fox Racing Shox Fork 32 Talas 140 RLC, 15Q valued at $900, all kinds of Dakine duffle bags and hydration packs, and Smith sunglasses. To be entered to win, you will need to register for Outerbike by midnight MT on Sep 6th.

More questions?? Let us know!
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top