Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Since there's much fewer demo fleets the event producers limited the ticket sales and the full demo passes have been sold out for months. The couple hundred that will be there should have a great time as the lines will be shorter for shuttles and 1/4 of the people total.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I’ve been to Moab during Outerbike. Honestly, unless you’re riding the same trails as the Outerbike shuttles on that particular day, it’s not anymore crowded. It’s probably less crowded overall because Outerbike is kinda self contained.

·
Registered
14,392 Posts
I've been to Moab during Outerbike. Honestly, unless you're riding the same trails as the Outerbike shuttles on that particular day, it's not anymore crowded. It's probably less crowded overall because Outerbike is kinda self contained.
Agreed. Jeep week and stuff brings way more f** people

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not this year for me.
Overall - if you booked lodging and bike rentals for days outside Outerbike - you are all set. Only thing that can screw you up is the weather.
Yeah, weather... raining pretty good at this moment, with chance of rain the rest of the week. Been goofing around in the area now for about a week, will hang around another week. Weather has been touch and go.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, Outerbike in Moab was indeed pretty mellow. Mark Sevenoff (Western Spirit / Outerbike) mentioned there were 300 paid participants for Moab. No crowds for sure, but nice. Weather was perfect, and the lunches and beer at happy hour they provided were good. Not a lot of vendors. By the way, Mark also mentioned there are 1,200 so far expected (paid) at Outerbike in Bentonville starting October 28th. We'll be there...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well, Outerbike in Moab was indeed pretty mellow. Mark Sevenoff (Western Spirit / Outerbike) mentioned there were 300 paid participants for Moab. No crowds for sure, but nice. Weather was perfect, and the lunches and beer at happy hour they provided were good. Not a lot of vendors. By the way, Mark also mentioned there are 1,200 so far expected (paid) at Outerbike in Bentonville starting October 28th. We'll be there...
I was there during Outerbike but did not attend Outerbike, Moab in general seemed pretty empty for this time of year. There wasn't the typical 20 RZR trains rolling through town every 5 mins and even on Friday there seemed to be plenty of campsites. Maybe it was the weather?

·
Registered
14,392 Posts
Was there the week prior and yeah the crowds were like getting in a time machine and going back 10 or 15 years. Been going to Moab since the mid-90s. After living in the PNW for 15 years now I've got to say the riding out there started to feel a little old school... Still love the kokopelli stuff in Fruita though. I think moving forward I'm going to focus more on the canyoneering side of things.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
If
Was there the week prior and yeah the crowds were like getting in a time machine and going back 10 or 15 years. Been going to Moab since the mid-90s. After living in the PNW for 15 years now I've got to say the riding out there started to feel a little old school... Still love the kokopelli stuff in Fruita though. I think moving forward I'm going to focus more on the canyoneering side of things.

If ya do, I highly suggest you get Steve Allen's canyoneering guide books. There are 3 at least.
My time spent canyonering is easily as memorable as bikeing Utah

·
Registered
14,392 Posts
If

If ya do, I highly suggest you get Steve Allen's canyoneering guide books. There are 3 at least.
My time spent canyonering is easily as memorable as bikeing Utah
I think I do have one of his books. I transitioned from a technical rock climber and mountaineer to canyoneering just because I like it so much more.

You ever do the Black Hole of the White Canyon on Cedar Mesa? Not technical per se but man is that awesome down in there.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I'm considering going this year. I wonder whether it will be more of a sh*tshow this year with the restrictions removed. It seems a good opportunity to demo some bikes from mail-order companies that I wouldn't get to otherwise though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts