Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
desert dweller
Ventana El Ciclon
1,644 Posts
OLN Sucks lately

They were pretty good several years ago (2003). A weekly cycling show with MTB, road and triathlon race coverage and gear reviews and other goofy but fun stuff. Following that show was a race of the week. They also had great live coverage of some of the main European cycling events.

It was awesome -- I bought a sleak new road bike to go with my mountain bike collection. I could get a 25 mile road ride in the morning, watch half an hour of live racing (Tour de France, Giro, Vuelta) and still get to work -- nearly on time! Then on weekends I found I had better endurance and speed on my mtb.

Then 2004 happened and they started cutting the cycling shows and showing a weekly Lance show. Now it's 2005 and they show one freakin' show a week with no other cycling coverage. I appreciate any cycling coverage on tv -- but come-on! Cyclists petitioned local cable companies around the nation for OLN to be added to the local line-ups. And OLN thanked us by giving us PBR.

Now that Discovery Channel has purchased OLN I hear rumors that they are going to add cycling back into the programmng schedule. I sure hope so --- right now OLN SUCKS!
As much as I love all cycling -- I don't even get a chance to watch the Cyclism coverage every Sunday at 2:00pm. Oh yeah, who choose that time? Maybe OLN has been secretly run by the anti-biking section of the Sierra Club or something.

I can only hope Discovery Channel brings back the cycling.

mc

·
Registered
430 Posts
oln tv

I agree with previous message oln does suck big time with biking. bull riding ok, but they use to have good and fun mtb shows back in 01 and 02 then in maybe late 03 they took them off. Also too many stupid fish shows on sat morning, people just going to the fish farm paying their money and going looka here what I caught with this funny looking lure.
U need to buy this lure. What a fake these shows are?

cmv96 said:
only crashes on "Outdoor Outtakes"

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
OLN dumped bikes and that program "SAS - Are You Tough Enough?" It was fascinating to watch athletes succeed or fail when pushed so hard, you never knew who would survive. Of course they had boneheads who tried to cheat and got caught.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Not as much as before...

OLN still has a roadbike show on weekly. I think's it's on Sundays and covers various road races. I saw some downhill and slalom stuff a few months back, but nothing much lately. My cable provider just dropped that station from my lineup last week. Which sucks, cause the good shows they had between bull riding and hunting were really good.

·
rad to the power of sick
1,969 Posts
Yea, a video mag is what is needed. Remember the ride guide? Low budget show, but better than nothing. Considering how big the freeride scene is with the younger folk I;m surprised nothing has sprung up.

Meh...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.